Just so I've got this right re: PH's...

heidik

On the Marina:

PH1's and PH2's are on Deck 11.

PH3's are Deck 7, 9, 10

Isn't Deck 11 underneath the pool and Terrace Cafe? And Deck 11 is also shaded by the overhang - correct?

Would this make the PH3's quieter and sunnier? I don't mind a long walk to anything....just want peace, quiet and sunshine

Our penthouse is on 11 forward under the large suites. We like quiet and believe having cabins above and below you are quietest. We have heard these PHs are absolutely silent.

Sun angles vary a lot from season to season. The overhang will matter when the sun is highest (depending on what part of the world you are traveling.) Penthouses have a large window in addition to the balcony slider. We expect to have nice, but not glaring light. Also with such port-intensive cruises who is really in the PH at noon:rolleyes:

You can even pick a PH and then ask CC'ers who have sailed that PH what they thought.

We will be happy to tell you about 11010 in about a month:cool:

Our penthouse is on 11 forward under the large suites. We like quiet and believe having cabins above and below you are quietest. We have heard these PHs are absolutely silent.

Sun angles vary a lot from season to season. The overhang will matter when the sun is highest (depending on what part of the world you are traveling.) Penthouses have a large window in addition to the balcony slider. We expect to have nice, but not glaring light. Also with such port-intensive cruises who is really in the PH at noon:rolleyes:

You can even pick a PH and then ask CC'ers who have sailed that PH what they thought.

We will be happy to tell you about 11010 in about a month:cool:

Having "lived" on deck 11, I can tell you that the overhang has almost no effect on sunlight reaching the cabin, but it would be an issue if one wants to sunbathe.

We were in PH 11006 last September from Venice to Istanbul and will be in 11007 this coming September from Dover to Barcelona. Although others have had problems with the deck 12 overhang, we did not find it to be a problem at all. 11006 was incredibly quiet and very convenient to the upper decks, etc.

I was in 11016 which I specifically chose because it was below the Oceania suites on Deck 12. It was very quiet, a great location and the balcony overhang didn't bother me in the least. Also it's close to the lounge. I found this PH2 location superior to the PH1s located below the pool deck.

I was in 11016 which I specifically chose because it was below the Oceania suites on Deck 12. It was very quiet, a great location and the balcony overhang didn't bother me in the least. Also it's close to the lounge. I found this PH2 location superior to the PH1s located below the pool deck.

Amazing location, quiet, near the stair tower AND the main Elevator Bank, a few steps to the laundrette and near the Executive Lounge! Just shows what dividends a little planning may bring. :D

b_020635.jpg

I upgraded to 11058 for the upcoming transatlantic. I hope it's quiet....the only choices left for PH's were this one (PH1), Gty for PH3 and 11000 (PH2) - I figured there might be too much motion being right at the front of the ship in 11000 (never been sea sick, but then again I've never encountered rough seas....yet), and if I had chosen the Gty, I might end up in that forward cabin. I am sooooo looking forward to major R&R on this crossing.... :)

I think that you did the right thing, because although personally I don't subscribe to forward or aft being "rougher" than the center of the ship, a Transatlantic certainly isn't the place to experiment.

You are also going to be crazy about the proximity of 11058 to the aft stair tower. On Oceania, ALL of the restaurants basically bracket those stairs.

b_094052.jpg

b_000106.jpg

Looking at the Deck Plans, I would have to put your cabin under the Port Side Staircase Lobby annex. There is an automatic door there (leading out to the pool deck) but I remember it as being whisper quiet.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived