renting gear?

Does Royal Caribbean rent snorkel gear? Do they rent for the week? We will be going to 5 ports on the Southern caribbean, we thought we might snorkel on each stop. Don't want to bring gear if we can just rent from the ship. Anyone done this and if so how much do they charge??

Does Royal Caribbean rent snorkel gear? Do they rent for the week? We will be going to 5 ports on the Southern caribbean, we thought we might snorkel on each stop. Don't want to bring gear if we can just rent from the ship. Anyone done this and if so how much do they charge??

I didn't see any offer to rent snorkel gear on either the Allure or Oasis. We did snorkeling excursions on both sailings. The company offering the snorkeling trips provided snorkel gear on each but RCI didn't offer rentals.

We tend not to like the gear provided so we generally bring our own mask and snorkel and use their fins. I bring my own vest my family uses what is provided. Our masks fit us better and the snorkel provided tends to be the basic kind. I like ours because it does a better job keeping water out.

Most snorkeling excursions have snorkeling equipment as part of the cost and you pick it up on the snorkeling boat. For Cocoa Cay, RCI does not sell a ticket on their excursion site, but says to arrange it on the ship. I found out when I rented equipment for Cocoa Cay that the company on the island would rent whatever I need. I only needed a snorkel vest, but I paid for all the equipment. They said to just rent what I needed from them next time. You need to have cash to do it.

I have my own mask, snorkel and fins and I prefer to use my own. I just pick up the snorkel vest on the boat instead of the rest of the equipment.

Archived