Dream Pool Age Restriction & Nemo's Reef ?'s

rosebud6362

Hi, we are booked for the Dream next year. My toddler will be just 2 years old. I read that she must be fully potty trained by then or she can't swim in the pool as they do not allow swim diapers. I guess I better make sure she is trained by then because if she sees her 2 older cousins swimming she will be so sad if she if not allowed. Do they enforce the no swim diapers rule pretty strictly? Does Nemo's Reef get pretty crazy & crowded? Is Nemo's Reef open early in the day? Thank you in advance:o

They generally enforce rules pretty strictly. I doubt you would want to be in a pool where there was a potty accident, especially when there are so few pools on the ship. I don't remember when Nemo's Reef opens, but it was always open when we got to the pools, so I would think 9 or 10 AM. It closes by 5/6 PM - it was never open at night. It was never so crowded that my kids didn't want to play in there.

They are pretty strict about no swim diapers in the pool. Other cruisers may also report you to a cast member who will then kindly tell you to remove your child from the pool. I was on the 4-night dream a couple of weeks ago and the Mickey Pool was closed on 2 seperate occasions because of contamination. Not fun for the other cruisers who are following the rules and now have to pack like sardines into the one remaining pool on a sea day. I do know how hard it is to tell one child no...while letting the others go as I was there once too. Just try your hardest to have her potty trained in time.

Nemo's Reef was open according to the following schedule on my 4-night cruise:

Day 1 (embarkation)

12:30-3:30

4:30-7pm

Day 2 (Nassau)

9am - 7pm

Day 3 (Castaway Cay)

10am- 7pm

Day 4 (Sea Day)

9am - 7pm

I hope they enforce the rules to the letter so we can avoid the issue of someone who doesn't want to upset their child and sneak them in, only to have an accident and the pool has to be closed for cleaning.

They have to be strict. Diapers of all sorts including swim diapers are prohibited from pools on ships participating in the CDCP's Vessel Sanitation Program. All of the Disney ships participate in this program.

Rules are rules. If your child is NOT fully potty-trained, then don't even think about allowing her in the pool. If she has an accident, she could possibly infect other children, etc. It is a CDC issue. Too bad if the kid is jealous her older sibling can - she'll get over it. :)

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies. They totally opened my eyes. As a new Mom, I still have a lot to learn. Isn't it funny how we just want our kids to be happy & are blinded by anything else? I was a lifeguard too (back in the day) & totally should've known better. I actually watched some youtube videos on Nemo's Reef & it looks perfect for my girl. It seems like she'll be able to swim at Castaway Cay instead (if not trained yet:) Thanks again y'all!

our (then 18 month old) had a good time at Nemo's Reef splash area (whatever it is called on Magic/Wonder, the non-potty trained area).

the only thing we disliked was how many OLDER kids, rowdy 9-12 year olds, were running around playing in this area scaring (and potentially injuring) the little ones, while parents either were nowhere in sight or just sat by the area like hey it's all good :mad: DH and I had to remove our toddler a few times to keep her from being trampled.

Next cruise I will definitely say something to those kids and complain to DCL staff if it happens again. DCL hey my kid can't go to the pool so why don't you enforce the rule BOTH ways and no kids under 3 in the splash zone?

Archived