Camp Carnival Under Two - Question

hollster8

I was looking at a pdf file of the activities for camp carnival, and I noticed that some say "parent required" mostly because they cost money. I was wondering, though, if DD could participate in some of those (namely, the build a teddy bear activity), she'll be 18 months on our cruise. Since parents have to be there, can she join in if we're willing to pay the fee?

Thanks! :D

Hi there! I am not 100% sure but I think I remember a past poster who said her daughter was just under 2 and able to go to some of these activities. Try posting in the main Carnival board , you will probably get more responses :) Have a great cruise!

yes - you can build a bear with or without a child :) they will take you money.

As for other activities, there are none. There is under 2 time on sea days. Usually from 8am to 10am. Where you have to be there, so must be parent supervised play.

During Port days, you can drop off you little one for a fee. (no you cannot stay).

Someone has to stay on the ship if you have a little one dropped off.

Also at night at 10pm (for a fee) you can drop off your little one for the after hours "party". Which for that age is sleep time.

yes - you can build a bear with or without a child :) they will take you money.

As for other activities, there are none. There is under 2 time on sea days. Usually from 8am to 10am. Where you have to be there, so must be parent supervised play.

During Port days, you can drop off you little one for a fee. (no you cannot stay).

Someone has to stay on the ship if you have a little one dropped off.

Also at night at 10pm (for a fee) you can drop off your little one for the after hours "party". Which for that age is sleep time.

This is what I thought :)

I've heard of the after hours party, and I think we'll take advantage of that a couple times. I just thought it might be fun for her to make a souvenir on the trip. Thanks for the input!

The under 2 time from 8-10am you are not required to be there. You can drop them off for babysitting fee charged to your sail and sign. If you choose to stay and play you can for free. We have done both in the past. It gave us a few hours of alone time during the day to drop them off and also was fun to go in and play. You can also attend any of the "family friendly events". The family welcome aboard party the first night is great-dancing with your little one, balloon games, contests etc. The kid talent show is also fun too. We did build a bear with our DD before she was 2.

Just off the Triumph last weekend.

(will be glad to answer any questions)

Under2s were:

Stay and Play (for free with parent)

SeaDays 8-10am

~we used this each sea day~

Drop off (for a Fee)

SeaDays 8-10am

PortDays 8-10 (may have been 10-12)

LateNight Everynight 10pm-3am (3? or 2?)

~we didnt use this~

They had toys that our 9mo could play with... the toys were up on a shelf (really a large 'wall window ledge') toys had been cleaned, there was a plastic tub that said "Clean Toys" and one that said "nees to be cleaned" ...so we just picked out the things and put them down for him to play.. we were the only ones in there the first sea day.. the last sea day another firend joined us for a bit.

We also went to the Family welcome aboard party... lots of music and lights... dancing for all ages.

We did Build A Bear--(small fee, parent required for all ages)

fun time...the girls were great at interacting with him too.

They even gave him a Freddy Tshirt and a FunShip Freddy Story book on the last day!!!

buildabear.jpg.d051cb09e88966cf6588ec235fe845c7.jpg

cckin.jpg.bf26f727d9b0f52ad6aacfe2740a4c02.jpg

Just off the Triumph last weekend.

(will be glad to answer any questions)

Under2s were:

Stay and Play (for free with parent)

SeaDays 8-10am

~we used this each sea day~

Drop off (for a Fee)

SeaDays 8-10am

PortDays 8-10 (may have been 10-12)

LateNight Everynight 10pm-3am (3? or 2?)

~we didnt use this~

They had toys that our 9mo could play with... the toys were up on a shelf (really a large 'wall window ledge') toys had been cleaned, there was a plastic tub that said "Clean Toys" and one that said "nees to be cleaned" ...so we just picked out the things and put them down for him to play.. we were the only ones in there the first sea day.. the last sea day another firend joined us for a bit.

We also went to the Family welcome aboard party... lots of music and lights... dancing for all ages.

We did Build A Bear--(small fee, parent required for all ages)

fun time...the girls were great at interacting with him too.

They even gave him a Freddy Tshirt and a FunShip Freddy Story book on the last day!!!

Oh my goodness how sweet is he! DD turns 9 months this weekend :)

Thank you so much for the information. I will let you know if I think of any more questions.

Oh my goodness how sweet is he! DD turns 9 months this weekend :)

Thank you so much for the information. I will let you know if I think of any more questions.

Thank you :)

He just turned 9mo on the 26th...he's a big boy. He will be 16 months when we take him on our next cruise--> the Magic (Love that ship)-- so it will be a bit different b/c he will be walking (running) by then, but I think it will be easier in a lot of ways... :)

Your gonna have so much fun!!

Yeah, we don't cruise until November, so DD will be *almost* 18 months. She's a ball of energy now and it makes me tired thinking of how much I'll chase her around the ship. At least I won't gain too much weight from over eating! :D

Archived