Drink Discount with dinner pager?

enewedding

It must vary. We were just on the Dawn and never received discount drink coupons. We had pagers twice but we didn't even wait 10 min the 1st time (we literally had just gotten our drinks and were being paged) and 15 min for the other. Maybe they give those out if the waits are expected to be longer.

Your pager is the discount. Show it to the bar staff and they will give you the discount.

I never knew that. Although we only have gotten a pager once and we barely had time to get our butt on the chair in the lounge next door before our buzzer went off. So we didn't even have time to order a drink.

Can someone please tell me what the Drink Discount/special is when you have a pager from the dinning room?

thanks

We just came off the Star and just about every evening we would get to the MDR, receive a pager and a complementary ticket for a glass of champagne or a soft drink good for any time during that evening. We rarely waited more than 5 minutes for a table. Worked out well for our case. 2 soft drinks and short wait for dinner.

Gene

Can someone please tell me what the Drink Discount/special is when you have a pager from the dinning room?

Expert cruiser tip: if you have concierge access, call her and she will get you right in, bypassing the pager completely.
And this has what to do with the original question?

To me it seemed that F&J Dandy was advising that there won't be a need for a pager if the OP has concierge access. Of course no discount, if there is in fact one,....but no wait, so it seems relevent to me.

On my last cruise you got the ticket for a free glass of champagne with the pager, no discounted drinks. Certainly nothing worth waiting for if not necessary.

The Gem Oct-Nov 2010, if you were given a beeper, you were given a complimentary drink (bar stock only) while waiting for your table at the closest bar to the MDR. We barley had time to order a drink before our beeper was activated. But we did receive a couple drinks and took them to dinner with us.

Recent Cruise Jan 2012 Dawn- given beeper twice, no drinks included.

Gem-was a Mediterrean Cruise

Dawn- Carribbean

On our 11/13/11 Star cruise we had the beeper about 4 or 5 times and never heard a word about drink discount. One night one of the waiters was walking around with glasses of champagne and the other nights there were usually canapes. We were in a suite but never thought about contacting the concierge. Will have to remember that for my April and October cruises.

Archived