G.A.Y night on Cunard Queen Elizabeth

roscoe39

Last night as the ship left Melbourne Australia, we had Cunards First G.A.Y night on a world cruise.

The nightclub was themed, they had ice sculptures galore and the floor was coverred in pink ballons as DJ mark spun gay all night. It was a huge sucess and the room was packed...and not a walker or grumpy passenger in sight

hoping this will become a regular event on the World Cruise. Noticeable a lot of officers were poking their head in the door for a look to see how it was going and looked pretty impressed. It was the funniest night I had spent on the ship in a long time...

Thanks Cunard, considerring the pink dollar they have taken in all these years its nice to be acknowldged.

How did Cunard promote the evening before hand???? what was the passenger mix like in the room once things got under way?

Seems as long as teh bar is open & the music is good everyone participates...

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

It was promoted at a "g.a.y" nite and the shiPs mardi GRAS, I know that we

Have often had the clubs and cruises full of family before. But the

Difference with this. Night we are told it is the first te cunard have

Promoted it as such and sponsored it.

Amanda is off in hk so will be interesting to see

If they do it again.

There was a good mix of passengers, gay straight and lesbian

As well as a mix of officers.

The ship has certainly been talking about it since!

So the ship's officers could party there but not "fraternize" with anyone they met? Isn't that kind of like a bird in a gold-plated birdcage?

theres a difference between fraternizing and shagging yourself senceless....or so im told.....:D

oh ps...saw mickey arrison here on board in sydney last night. hes pretty tidy...

It was promoted at a "g.a.y" nite and the shiPs mardi GRAS, I know that we

Have often had the clubs and cruises full of family before. But the

Difference with this. Night we are told it is the first te cunard have

Promoted it as such and sponsored it.

Amanda is off in hk so will be interesting to see

If they do it again.

There was a good mix of passengers, gay straight and lesbian

As well as a mix of officers.

The ship has certainly been talking about it since!

This sounds fantastic !! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Last night as the ship left Melbourne Australia, we had Cunards First G.A.Y night on a world cruise.

The nightclub was themed, they had ice sculptures galore and the floor was coverred in pink ballons as DJ mark spun gay all night. It was a huge sucess and the room was packed...and not a walker or grumpy passenger in sight

hoping this will become a regular event on the World Cruise. Noticeable a lot of officers were poking their head in the door for a look to see how it was going and looked pretty impressed. It was the funniest night I had spent on the ship in a long time...

Thanks Cunard, considerring the pink dollar they have taken in all these years its nice to be acknowldged.

That's awesome! My partner and I have just booked our third Cunard voyage and outside of the FOD gatherings, thought the social venues for us GLBT passengers were a bit of an afterthought.

That's awesome! My partner and I have just booked our third Cunard voyage and outside of the FOD gatherings, thought the social venues for us GLBT passengers were a bit of an afterthought.

We always found Cunard to be very gay friendly. Never had any bias issues at all.

I attended a gay wedding expo in Brooklyn a couple of months ago, and Cunard was one of the sponsors. Very impressive support of the LGBT community. Have sailed with them twice, looking forward to a third time at some point.

Archived