Dancing westerdam

NoobCruise

What kind of dancing is usually available on the Westerdam, on a scale of ball-room to disco free-for-all? My husband and I grew up in a very small town and neither of us officially learned to dance (like ballroom). We grew up in the 80s and just moving to the music worked lol We've talked for years about taking some ballroom dance, or salsa type classes together, but have never done it. I'm wondering if there's a good dancing opportunity on the Westerdam, maybe now would be a good time to take a few classes before we go.

Your choices will run between both ballroom and free-for-all (love the way you put it) in different venues. The Ocean Bar is more traditional dancing while the Northern Lights is the disco nightclub.

On some nights there will be dancing in the Queens Lounge. That would fall between the other two styles.

On every cruise we have been on, there have been dance classes that are free to participate in. We usually try to hit a couple of them and then make total fools of ourselves on the dance floor that night...always good for a laugh! At least we give our kids something to make fun of!! :D

We too are kind of wondering what kind of dancing we'll find on the Oosterdam Hawaii cruise at the end of March. DH and I are actually Latin dance instructors and hope to find a band on board that plays at least a couple of varieties. (Princess has been quite disappointing in that regard during our last several cruises).The way I approach it is, we'll adapt to whatever we find, even disco.:D

We too are kind of wondering what kind of dancing we'll find on the Oosterdam Hawaii cruise at the end of March. DH and I are actually Latin dance instructors and hope to find a band on board that plays at least a couple of varieties. (Princess has been quite disappointing in that regard during our last several cruises).The way I approach it is, we'll adapt to whatever we find, even disco.:D

On our Oosterdam Hawaii cruise we had a fantasic time dancing every night for a few hours. we were able to do all types of Latin and Ballroom. Enjoy the Ocean Bar and "The Neptunes"

as they are always open for requests.

Archived