Embarkation question

Francophile

I'm on the April 18th NYC-Rouen route on Journey. Given that it's taking all day to get to NYC from the West Coast, we probably won't make it to the ship until 8 pm or so (our flight arrives JFK at 6:30). Does this pose any problem?

Thanks in advance!

I'm on the April 18th NYC-Rouen route on Journey. Given that it's taking all day to get to NYC from the West Coast, we probably won't make it to the ship until 8 pm or so (our flight arrives JFK at 6:30). Does this pose any problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Arriving at 8 p.m. shouldn't be a problem since the ship doesn't leave until the 19th. Many passengers will be out for the evening, enjoying plays, nightlife, etc, so they won't get back to the ship until even later. You might not get the "welcome aboard" glass of champagne, but that's about all!;) You WILL get a warm welcome aboard from the staff who is around.

See you on board.

I called ACC with the same question and apparently, we can board any time. I was worried it had to be during set hours but apparently not. Quite civilized to be able to arrive when you want and embark without crowds and lineups!

Rob

So, can we board like at 11 AM, I have tickets for a 2 PM play, do you think I can make it?

Maribel

I think you are talking about April 18th? No, I understand boarding won't start until 2pm that day. But you are free to board any time after that.

See you on board!

Rob

Just wondering, why 2PM on April 18th?

Diane

Hi Diane,

Are you asking why 2 pm? I thought it was a bit later than normal but I've only been on one other cruise where we boarded at noon. I had inquired with ACC if I could board on the 19th in case I felt I needed to work another day. The answer I got was that boarding starts at 2pm on the 18th but you can board any time after than up to 90 mins prior to departure (5pm on the 19th). So you could board at 11 am on the 19th if so inclined.

After all that though, I am currently aiming for just after 2 on the 18th!!

Rob

Hi Diane,

Are you asking why 2 pm? I thought it was a bit later than normal but I've only been on one other cruise where we boarded at noon. I had inquired with ACC if I could board on the 19th in case I felt I needed to work another day. The answer I got was that boarding starts at 2pm on the 18th but you can board any time after than up to 90 mins prior to departure (5pm on the 19th). So you could board at 11 am on the 19th if so inclined.

After all that though, I am currently aiming for just after 2 on the 18th!!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I guess it surprised me because most cruises that I have been on have started to board prior to noon. Possibly the ship is arriving late for some reason.

Anyway, we are arriving earlier having anticipated a noon boarding. Guess we will have to wait.

Diane

Hi Rob,

I guess it surprised me because most cruises that I have been on have started to board prior to noon. Possibly the ship is arriving late for some reason.

Anyway, we are arriving earlier having anticipated a noon boarding. Guess we will have to wait.

Diane

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. You would think they would start boarding as soon as possible.

Rob

My papers from TA say transfer to port from hotel at 11am which would get us to the ship around 11:30am on the 18th. I am assuming we will be able to board shortly after that or at least check in. We have matinee tickets for 2pm also, so hopefully we can drop our bags somewhere and run.

Just checked the itinerary for the Memorial Titanic Cruise before us and they are set to arrive in Manhattan Port at 0700. That should provide us with the normal check in time of around noon unless they have something special planned.

On all the Azamara cruises I've been on, embarkation for suites and those with transfers is usually 11:00 a.m. For other categories, it's later. You won't be able to get in to your room until 1:00 or 1:30--again suites first. They serve a great lunch while you are waiting for your room.

My papers from TA say transfer to port from hotel at 11am which would get us to the ship around 11:30am on the 18th. I am assuming we will be able to board shortly after that or at least check in. We have matinee tickets for 2pm also, so hopefully we can drop our bags somewhere and run.

Janet thank you for the info I also have tickets for the Best Man matinee, I will go as usual and drop my bags, and I am in a suite so I think is like Julie mentioned it and we won't have a problem, se you all onboard very soon :)

Janet thank you for the info I also have tickets for the Best Man matinee, I will go as usual and drop my bags, and I am in a suite so I think is like Julie mentioned it and we won't have a problem, se you all onboard very soon :)

Hello Marymar and others -

After checking with ship operations, I'm pleased to share with you some background information about our boarding process. Boarding time is always printed at 2:00 pm. In reality, however, boarding starts around 11:15 - 11:30 AM when guests line up at the embarkation ports.

In actuality, the ship is never ready to accommodate our new guests at 11:30 AM as the staterooms are being serviced and are not available for occupancy until 2:00 PM. As a gesture of goodwill, we take guests onboard so that they can get comfortable in the public rooms until their accommodations are available. You can imagine the level of confusion and disorder if 600 plus guests were to present themselves at 12 noon and then have to wait and accommodate themselves in the public rooms before they can go to their staterooms or suites. It is for this reason, that we do not encourage guests to come to the ship too early.

With that in mind, in my opinion, I think you could check-in at 11:30 AM and drop-off your luggage and then make your own way to your play at 2:00 PM.

My best wishes for a wonderful transatlantic Azamara voyage and an enjoyable theater experience!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Marymar and others -

After checking with ship operations, I'm pleased to share with you some background information about our boarding process. Boarding time is always printed at 2:00 pm. In reality, however, boarding starts around 11:15 - 11:30 AM when guests line up at the embarkation ports.

In actuality, the ship is never ready to accommodate our new guests at 11:30 AM as the staterooms are being serviced and are not available for occupancy until 2:00 PM. As a gesture of goodwill, we take guests onboard so that they can get comfortable in the public rooms until their accommodations are available. You can imagine the level of confusion and disorder if 600 plus guests were to present themselves at 12 noon and then have to wait and accommodate themselves in the public rooms before they can go to their staterooms or suites. It is for this reason, that we do not encourage guests to come to the ship too early.

With that in mind, in my opinion, I think you could check-in at 11:30 AM and drop-off your luggage and then make your own way to your play at 2:00 PM.

My best wishes for a wonderful transatlantic Azamara voyage and an enjoyable theater experience!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill thank you very much for your answer and I am sure we will have a great time as usual with Azamara!

Archived