Mariner of the seas... Thanks for a great week!

dixie54

We had a great time. I was very impressed with Steve Davis who was the cruise director. He did a great job and was everywhere! He is very talented and friendy!

I have been on a few cruises when Steve Davis was the Activities Director and did a wonderful job. I'm glad he is now a Cruise Director since he deserves to be! Our next cruise is on the Mariner in April, do you know if he will still be there?

I heard that Steve was taking over because the other cruise director had a family emergency. so, not sure if it is permanent or not. He should be. Phil Anderson was still in the schooner bar and is always great!

Steve was probably just taking over. Hopefully he will be there when I come in April even if he is back to being the Activities Manager. I haven't heard of Phil Anderson but I will check him out. Is he the piano player?

For all you folks with upcoming Mariner sailings - please ask around about the following topics...

• Staff changes after the dry dock and just prior to repo to the Med. - will many be leaving and all new crew boarding
  • Who will be Captain for the TA
  • 100% for sure things being done while in drydock - especially useful if you find crew actually staying onboard through the DD work
  • If boarding and cabin availability will be earlier due to empty ship coming in to Miami

Thank you in advance for any info you can obtain.

We had Paul Rutter as our CD in December. For some reason I thought Kieron Buffery (sp?) had returned as the Mariner CD. I'm going again March 25 with family and friends. My favorite theater show was Thursday night with ship's orchestra plus the Salsa band and the classical trio. Did they do this on your cruise? How was debarkation (when the cruise was over)? It was very slow in December -- over 90 minutes in line just to get a porter.

We had a great time. I was very impressed with Steve Davis who was the cruise director. He did a great job and was everywhere! He is very talented and friendy!

I agree!!!! He did a great job!! We had a great time and love performers...especially "Home Free"

oh...and say hi to jose in the windjammer bar...He was nice to talk to and even wrote down the recipe for our favorite "drink of the day"!

Kieron was supposed to be there...he was even on the cheat sheet of people to know left in our stateroom, but someone somewhere else said he had a family emergency. Never could have known that Steve wasn't a CD already.

Home Free was unbelievable.

Debarkation was a bit of a mess on the 26th. People can't follow directions, and think they're way too important to wait their turn, but on top of that the card scanner machines were down so they were writing down EVERY guest name and room number as well as taking seapass cards.

For all you folks with upcoming Mariner sailings - please ask around about the following topics...

• Staff changes after the dry dock and just prior to repo to the Med. - will many be leaving and all new crew boarding
  • 100% for sure things being done while in drydock - especially useful if you find crew actually staying onboard through the DD work
  • If boarding and cabin availability will be earlier due to empty ship coming in to Miami

We are sailing with her the week before the crossing so I will find out what I can for you.

Looks like Per Kristoffersen will be the captain.

Archived