Penthouse Veranda Privacy

ohiorob63

Can anyone that has stayed in the penthouse suites, or any of the aft cabins on the m class ships, tell me how private the verandas are? I know some of the area is visable from above, but are there still private areas that can't be seen?

You are right, those verandas are not very private. We have stayed in the corner FV cabins right above the penthouses and we were able to see almost the whole veranda except we were not able to look into the hot tub area.

Astrid

For the Penthouse Suite the overhang covers about half of the balcony - so you are fairly private in the half of the balcony closest to the suite, but can be seen by others on the half closer to the ocean. The jacuzzi tub is in a private area of the balcony. I have several pictures of the balcony on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1580722

• 2 weeks later...

Just coming on up two years ago we did a Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity. One of our Roll Call members was in the Penthouse Suite and hosted a party after the Slot Pull. Here is a link to some pics I took while there; http://pix.kg/p/5007407831105%3A456871779/scl (after the slideshow opens select View Full Screen in the lower right to maximize your viewing pleasure;))

These four give a good perspective of the size of the deck and how much 'private' area there would be from us gawkers above :)

Steve

BG

BGBGBG

Be aware that the cabins above can view the balcony. A few years ago we had an FV on Deck 7, and there was a woman on the Penthouse balcony lying in the sun...topless. She didn't have a clue that so many people could see her, or she just didn't care.

We've been in the PH on all the M class ships and it's not very private. Not only can those above see a lot of the balcony, but those in the other PH can see a lot if they try. As for the jacuzzi, you can be seen on that side of the balcony by those in the buffet, on the overhang areas of the buffet.

Archived