How to coordinate 7:30 show with dinner on Allure??

Hi folks -- hoping someone out there will have a suggestion. Here's our dilemma -- trying to schedule our shows on Allure, Western, this summer, to please our diverse age group of family members.

We want to see Ice Age at 7:30pm on Thursday night, as some of the family would like to turn in early at least one night (I know, it's a vacation, right? But this is what they want, one night, so we're agreeing.)

Our dinner seating is 6pm, and I know from past experience we cannot try to go to the MDR and get to the show in time.

Looks like none of the specialty restaurants open until 6pm either, so that seems to be out.

And eating afterward is out for them, too....soooo.....any suggestions -- other than the Windjammer???? (I personally would prefer room service to the Windjammer!!)

Hope you all can help us sort this out!

Thanks!

Stateparent

The Windjammer really isn't that bad at dinner. The atmosphere is nicer than during the day. I do understand that it's not for everyone and, honestly, DH and I have only eaten there once for dinner in all of our cruises. We don't like the buffet thing at dinner. How about booking the afternoon show? I know that this is an option on the Freedom. That's what we did the last time and it was actually nice. We had never gone to a show like that during the day but it really did free up our night. Whatever you decide have fun and Happy Cruising!

Hi folks -- hoping someone out there will have a suggestion. Here's our dilemma -- trying to schedule our shows on Allure, Western, this summer, to please our diverse age group of family members.

We want to see Ice Age at 7:30pm on Thursday night, as some of the family would like to turn in early at least one night (I know, it's a vacation, right? But this is what they want, one night, so we're agreeing.)

Our dinner seating is 6pm, and I know from past experience we cannot try to go to the MDR and get to the show in time.

Looks like none of the specialty restaurants open until 6pm either, so that seems to be out.

And eating afterward is out for them, too....soooo.....any suggestions -- other than the Windjammer???? (I personally would prefer room service to the Windjammer!!)

Hope you all can help us sort this out!

Thanks!

Stateparent

This doesn't have to be the case. We always have 6pm dinner, and we are usually out by 7:15pm. You can set the pace with your waiters - get there at exactly 6pm and tell them that you need to be out in 1 hour because of a show. (I might tell them the day before, as you are leaving after dinner, and then remind them again on that day. Or, speak to the head waiter in advance and let them know that you need express service on that particular day). Unless they are inexperienced or incompetent, there shouldn't be a problem accomodating you.

This doesn't have to be the case. We always have 6pm dinner, and we are usually out by 7:15pm. You can set the pace with your waiters - get there at exactly 6pm and tell them that you need to be out in 1 hour because of a show. (I might tell them the day before, as you are leaving after dinner, and then remind them again on that day. Or, speak to the head waiter in advance and let them know that you need express service on that particular day). Unless they are inexperienced or incompetent, there shouldn't be a problem accomodating you.

Good advice. Your meal in the main dining room doesn't need to take so long that if you arrive at 6pm you can't make a 7:30 pm show. Just as you might do at a land-based restaurant, informing the wait staff of your time constraints can speed up service without disrupting their routine or causing problems to other diners. We frequently take My Time Dining and find that the time required to enjoy a full meal in comfort rarely takes much more than an hour.

Archived