Cozumel beaches near pier..?

Randi25

My family and I will be cruising in the upcoming weeks on Voyager of the Seas.

We have previously only cruised with Carnival and are wanting to continue our tradition of shopping and eating at Senor Frogs at the Punta Langosta pier, we will no doubt check out the International Pier also since this is where we will be docking.

Has anyone walked from the International Pier to Punta Langosta? Is it a fairly easy/short walk or do you have to take a taxi? Everyone who is in our group is in fairly good shape so we can walk if it's about 20 minutes? I had read on a website that it's a complete ocean view walk. Is this true?

Also, we have a few people with us who will be seeing Cozumel for the first time. As well as showing them around the Punta Langosta shops and grabbing food and drinks from our favorite spots we also want to take them to the beach. We have one person who is an avid snorkeler. We have always done shore excursions if we've gone to a beach. Are there any nice beaches within walking distance from the pier? Are they free or do they have an all inclusive deal? What about places like Mr Sanchos or Playa Palancar? Are those all inclusive resorts worth the money and going?

Any info would be welcome. Basically, we have no requirements other than we have to spend at least an hour at the Punta Langosta pier and go to a beach, preferably one with a bar and food service.

Thanks for any info!

We took a cab to Nachi Cocom in August. It's about a 10 min ride from the pier, beautiful beach. It's a private beach and only allow 100 people per day. I think it cost around $55 per person (make reservations online at Nachicocom.com) It includes all your drinks a a 4 course meal served on the beach.

My wife and I always do something than go to Carlos and Charlies (then 1/2 Senor Frogs on the port). This year, we can't wait we are doing the Carlos and Charlies all inclusive beach party. $45/ per person for 3 hours of whatever you want to drink (talls, frozens, shots, anything) and a large portion of their menu (think tacos, nachos, etc.) The beach looks pretty decent too, we are picking it over Mr. Sanchos, because Mr. Sanchos seems to have an appeal for the entire family and children.

We took a cab to Nachi Cocom in August. It's about a 10 min ride from the pier, beautiful beach. It's a private beach and only allow 100 people per day. I think it cost around $55 per person (make reservations online at Nachicocom.com) It includes all your drinks a a 4 course meal served on the beach.

We did Nachi Cocom last summer and have no problem recommending it. You pay part before going through Paypal and pay off the balance once there.

We shared a taxi going there with a couple from our roll call. We were ready to leave before they were, so we went back to port by ourselves

Getting there by taxi is easy. We basically followed the signs. On one of the posts by Radio, he had a sign of the taxi prices, so we knew the exact amount to take.

There is a souvenir shop on the premises. They had t-shirts, jewelry, towels, and other basic souvenir items.

They have loungers under the trees. The beach is absolutely beautiful. There is also a pool with a swim up bar. It was really hot the day we went and the pool got quite warm. We would do Nachi again in a heartbeat.

We did the walk in Dec. 2011 from downtown all the way to the IP. Its a long way, over 2.5 miles, but paved the whole way. I would not do it again, cabs are too cheap and its very hot. I would say if you have to do it allow 1 hour.

Cozumel is a small island. Where the cruise ships dock is right on the walk with the shops, Senor Frogs, Charlie something or other, as well as right along the ocean. Not great beach area. Those are on the otherside of the island, or a little bit north, which is easy to get to. Lots of people rent scooters, you can also rent a vehicle, which we did for the day, or you can take a fairy a short 3 minute walk from the cruise ship pier, across to Playa del Carmen where you can walk famous 5th Ave or sit on Mamitas Beach. I seem to remember the ferry being about a 20 minute ride. Cozumel is world reknown for it's snorkeling. There is great diving all around. We drove to Playa Bonita and it was just like you see in a magazine. Stunning. They had a nice restaurant as well as places to sit on the really quiet beach. Maybe 15 or so people there that day. Not many go to the other side of the island. The cruisers typically stay right around the shops and bars and it is quite congested. I think the island is only 16 miles wide so the ride across and down and back to the ship pier is not that far. If you want to get away from the crows and truly enjoy a quiet day, get to the other side. If you want shopping and bars, i would recommend going across to Playa del Carmen to 5th Ave ( ferrry is right on the end of 5th Ave where senor frogs is but walk towards the other end and shop your way to Mamitas Beach.) Worlds best beach..bit of trivia for you. The sand on this side of Mexico is made of parrot fish poo. You heard me. The parrot fish eat coral marrow, disposing of the coral as this fine beautiful sand. Each fish expells up to 100lbs of sand a year. It is never hot to walk on and can be difficult to rinse off. It is the most beautiful sand you will see. The most beautiful beaches though are down from Playa del Carmen towards Akumel and Tulum. Amazing.

My wife and I always do something than go to Carlos and Charlies (then 1/2 Senor Frogs on the port). This year, we can't wait we are doing the Carlos and Charlies all inclusive beach party. $45/ per person for 3 hours of whatever you want to drink (talls, frozens, shots, anything) and a large portion of their menu (think tacos, nachos, etc.) The beach looks pretty decent too, we are picking it over Mr. Sanchos, because Mr. Sanchos seems to have an appeal for the entire family and children.

Alright, BILLSFAN83, this sounds like an awesome deal. My mom was wanting to drop by Carlos and Charlies to grab some souvenirs anyway so this would be awesome. Especially since a few in our group are avid drinkers, they'd love this set price. Do we need to make reservations ahead? If so, where do I do that? Is there a limit to how many people they allow per day like some of the other places? How far from the Punta Langosta pier is it(if you know)?

Thanks so much for this suggestion. I think this is just the thing to make our trip amazing.

I too was looking for some decent info that would cover, beach, snorkeling, and something walkable- this is what i found( excuse the news about the cat, I am copying this from my roll call-

Just read this info from Cruise Critic- Sorry it didn't copy well, but if you were looking for day passes to places in Cozumel or Grand Cayman this does apply.

I have emailed el Cid to verify the info, as this very much sounds like something DH and I enjoy doing.

The temperature is dropping and it will be cold later tonight. The big gray cat will come in and take over the house(all the other babies will run and hide) but he loves to be with us, and even though he has the fur of a woolly beast, he has gotton used to being warm.

this is el cid-

Although the price here is the same for both children and adults, the $13 fee will hardly break the bank. Passes allow visitors access to the Cozumel resort's beach, umbrellas, hammocks and other on-site amenities. Although meals are not included, a $10 discount is offered, per person. Passes do not include room usage.

How to Get There: El Cid La Ceiba Beach is a mere five minutes from port by taxi.

For More Info: Visit El Cid's Web site or call 866-796-5571.

Hotel Cozumel & Resort

What You Get for Your Money: Passes here include all beverages, food from the resort's snack bar (which offers indulgent fare, such as hamburgers and chicken wings), and access to the resort's beach and its amenities (lounge chairs, shades, etc.). The cost is $30 per adult and $15 per child from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The cost does not include a room.

How to Get There:Take a taxi, or walk the one-mile distance from port.

For More Info: Visit Hotel Cozumel's Web site or call +52-987-872-9020.

Grand Cayman

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort

What You Get for Your Money: Pick up passes here for $12 per person, regardless of age. Included in the price are access to the resort's beach and pool, as well as chairs, towels and umbrellas. The price does not include a room, meals or drinks.

How to Get There: Hop on a bus, or grab a taxi for the 10-minute trip from Grand Cayman's cruise port.

Alright, BILLSFAN83, this sounds like an awesome deal. My mom was wanting to drop by Carlos and Charlies to grab some souvenirs anyway so this would be awesome. Especially since a few in our group are avid drinkers, they'd love this set price. Do we need to make reservations ahead? If so, where do I do that? Is there a limit to how many people they allow per day like some of the other places? How far from the Punta Langosta pier is it(if you know)?

Thanks so much for this suggestion. I think this is just the thing to make our trip amazing.

Just to note there are two different Carlos n Charlies, the traditional restaurant (crazy and fun) that is downtown, I have gone there the last couple of trips.

And the carlos n charlies beach party, with the all inclusive price. I just booked today, google cozumel watersports. It doesn't note a capped amount, and doesn't have some of the toys (or pool) that other inclusive in Cozumel show. We put it down to, we don't expect many (or any) children there and its suppose to be a loud start to finish party.

There are many other deals (Mr. Sanchos and others) that are comparable in price, that website should have a couple more for you to compare.

As far as the distance, its near chattanoob park (also awesome). $10-16 cab ride.

Just to note there are two different Carlos n Charlies, the traditional restaurant (crazy and fun) that is downtown, I have gone there the last couple of trips.

And the carlos n charlies beach party, with the all inclusive price. I just booked today, google cozumel watersports. It doesn't note a capped amount, and doesn't have some of the toys (or pool) that other inclusive in Cozumel show. We put it down to, we don't expect many (or any) children there and its suppose to be a loud start to finish party.

There are many other deals (Mr. Sanchos and others) that are comparable in price, that website should have a couple more for you to compare.

As far as the distance, its near chattanoob park (also awesome). $10-16 cab ride.

Awesome! I will be booking this as soon as I get everyone's approval and deposits! The website looked a little sketchy but I found a lot of wonderful, very pleased reviews and none of fraud so I think my pessimistic attitude was proven wrong on this one.

BILLSFAN83, I just wanted to let you know this info. My uncle got a hold of someone. He was going to make reservations for all of us to go to the C&C Beach Party and it's been closed down because of hurricane damage. I hope you don't lose your money/deposit because of this.

BILLSFAN83, I just wanted to let you know this info. My uncle got a hold of someone. He was going to make reservations for all of us to go to the C&C Beach Party and it's been closed down because of hurricane damage. I hope you don't lose your money/deposit because of this.

Thanks, I contacted the company and they said everything is operational and they haven't had a hurricane since 2005 (have had some tropical storms) but no issues to C&C.

Hmmm I was going to say Coz hasn't been seriously hit by a hurricane in a number of years. I've been there and Playa (right across the channel) a few times in the past two years and have heard of no damage (or seen any) at all. Not sure who he was talking to.

Yes, Carlos & Charlies bar/restaurant and C&C Beach club are two different places. I still like the restaurant/bar, but if you're looking for a beach day, I guess it wouldn't be a bad place to go. We prefer Nachi.

• 1 year later...

My wife and I aren't into the toys on the beach, so th best places we found were more about beach;

North of the piers,,,Buccano's, about a $5. per person taxi ride, and $10. entry gives you the beach, pool, showers, bath rooms, etc.. Property is very clean, food very good!

South of the piers,,,Palancar Beach, about a $7. per person taxi ride, no cost to enter, just buy food, and drinks as you want. Very clean, and never crowded!

On the wild east side of the island,,,Mezcalito's, rent a car to get there, but you'll have few neighbors, the food is great, its old Mexico, the beer is cold, and the beach is wild and beautiful! (check out google maps) Place is rustic, bathrooms are like outhouses, but sitting there in the bar, or on the beach makes you feel like its 100 years ago, and this is your island!

My wife and I aren't into the toys on the beach, so th best places we found were more about beach;

North of the piers,,,Buccano's, about a $5. per person taxi ride, and $10. entry gives you the beach, pool, showers, bath rooms, etc.. Property is very clean, food very good!

South of the piers,,,Palancar Beach, about a $7. per person taxi ride, no cost to enter, just buy food, and drinks as you want. Very clean, and never crowded!

On the wild east side of the island,,,Mezcalito's, rent a car to get there, but you'll have few neighbors, the food is great, its old Mexico, the beer is cold, and the beach is wild and beautiful! (check out google maps) Place is rustic, bathrooms are like outhouses, but sitting there in the bar, or on the beach makes you feel like its 100 years ago, and this is your island!

We went to Palancar last June and the taxi cost us $20 each way from Puerta Maya for up to 4 people. It's been that price for the last 5 or 6 trips there.