Questions. Booking on My Own

Poohbeck

So, it looks like I will be booking our 2nd cruise this week, for April 2013. :) We are just waiting for our local BOE to vote on the school calendar for next year.

I used a tradtional Travel Agent when we booked our first cruise last year. But, I'm ready to book this one on my own. I've been reading the CC boards, I attended a workshop on our cruise - I feel ready. :eek:

Now, for my questions:

1. I logged into Carnival and was able to get my past cruise number. I could not get my husband or son's numbers. Will that be a problem?

2. I purchased Travel Insurance thru the Travel Agent last time. How do I buy it this time? Thru Carnival?

And...I think we will be travelling on Freedom (Saturday - Saturday) but Breeze is very intriguing (Saturday - Sunday). I just don't want to travel home on a Sunday and then go right back to school and work.

Thanks for the help.

You can call Carnival and get the other past guest numbers, but if you want to book past guest rate, as long as your past guest number is included in the reservation, you can get the rate for everyone in the cabin.

As for insurance, I always go to insuremytrip dot com and get the best rate with the insurance package I want - this site gives you lots of options.

I like to book on my own...I like being able to deal directly with Carnival...good luck!

So, it looks like I will be booking our 2nd cruise this week, for April 2013. :) We are just waiting for our local BOE to vote on the school calendar for next year.

I used a tradtional Travel Agent when we booked our first cruise last year. But, I'm ready to book this one on my own. I've been reading the CC boards, I attended a workshop on our cruise - I feel ready. :eek:

Now, for my questions:

1. I logged into Carnival and was able to get my past cruise number. I could not get my husband or son's numbers. Will that be a problem?

2. I purchased Travel Insurance thru the Travel Agent last time. How do I buy it this time? Thru Carnival?

And...I think we will be travelling on Freedom (Saturday - Saturday) but Breeze is very intriguing (Saturday - Sunday). I just don't want to travel home on a Sunday and then go right back to school and work.

Thanks for the help.

1. A PVP @ CCL should be able to assist with past cruiser numbers. As long as you have yours, should not be a problem, I'd think.

2. Check out Insuremytrip.com and comparison shop for travel insurance.

3. Sure might want to at least look at a cove balcony on The Breeze even if you have to get up on Monday morning after returning home. :)

Archived