Birthday cake for a child?

ohhbother

Hello all.

My nephew is turning 8 on the Eclipse in April. What are my options for a birthday cake? I know he'll get one at dinner, but I'd like to have a traditional buttercream type of birthday cake for him.

We'll be in San Juan on his birthday. Are there any bakeries/supermarkets close by that might sell a traditional child's birthday cake?

Thanks.

Hello all.

My nephew is turning 8 on the Eclipse in April. What are my options for a birthday cake? I know he'll get one at dinner, but I'd like to have a traditional buttercream type of birthday cake for him.

We'll be in San Juan on his birthday. Are there any bakeries/supermarkets close by that might sell a traditional child's birthday cake?

Thanks.

I might suggest that you ask your room steward while sliipping him/her a $5 bill. They might be able to whip one up for you.

I'd talk to your asst. Maitre d' (head waiter) in the dining room. These are the people that normally take care of special requests for food at dinner.

I will say that I've never seen a traditional type buttercream cake on Celebrity. Mostly different types of torte or mousse or some other variation, but a basic plain old cake. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but I haven't seen it.

I'd talk to your asst. Maitre d' (head waiter) in the dining room. These are the people that normally take care of special requests for food at dinner.

I will say that I've never seen a traditional type buttercream cake on Celebrity. Mostly different types of torte or mousse or some other variation, but a basic plain old cake. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but I haven't seen it.

FYI...we ordered two birthday cakes last year on Enchantment (I know that's RCI, but I'm just mentioning this because RCI owns Celebrity). It was my sister's kids (twins) birthday while on the ship. No more free cakes...they brought two very nice cakes, but they charged $25/cake. I thought this was a bit excessive.

Hello all.

Thanks.

You can pre-order a Birthday Cake and Cabin Decorations from Celebrity

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/category/viewProductDetail.do?cat=SPOCCA&coll=CELEBRPACK&itemCode=C403

When we were on in November, i was my Birthday and a cake we delivered to our MDR Table. And there was also a cake and champagne waiting in our Suite when we returned that evening, courtesy of the Asst. Head of Housekeeping.

Unless things have changed within the past year, your head waiter (Asst. Maitre d') will arrange a birthday or anniversary cake for no extra charge on request for dessert (or an extra dessert) after dinner - complete with chorus of waiters singing happy birthday. Only thing I haven't seen, as indicated above, is a very basic buttercream frosting cake.

Unless things have changed within the past year, your head waiter (Asst. Maitre d') will arrange a birthday or anniversary cake for no extra charge on request for dessert (or an extra dessert) after dinner - complete with chorus of waiters singing happy birthday. Only thing I haven't seen, as indicated above, is a very basic buttercream frosting cake.

This was our experience...no charge if requested in Dining Room...but when i contacted Celebrity before the sailed, they directed me to the 'paid party'...the only benefit being the balloon :rolleyes: for adults

To answer part of the original question, I do not recall a supermarket close to where the cruise ship docks, and if anyone does know of one please let me know too:). As to bakeries, I do not recall seeing one in our walk-arounds in the town, but then again we were not looking for one. I would go with the recommendation to talk to the Maitre d and let him/her handle it for you.

If you found a suitable cake in town, would you be allowed to bring it on board the ship? Just curious.:confused:

As long as it's not a Rum Cake :D

Seriously though, never had an issue taking food onboard, but can't always (ever?) take food off the ship into port....

To answer part of the original question, I do not recall a supermarket close to where the cruise ship docks, and if anyone does know of one please let me know too:). As to bakeries, I do not recall seeing one in our walk-arounds in the town, but then again we were not looking for one. I would go with the recommendation to talk to the Maitre d and let him/her handle it for you.

We've passed a big modern Pueblo supermarket in San Juan just as we were leaving the airport. I've read reports on these forums of people having their taxi's stop there to get wine but have never been there myself.

Archived