Wine Tour

jonnyb1425

My fiance and I are looking to do a wine tour on our cruise in July. We have stops in Naples, Rome, and Florence. We are by no means afficianados but do enjoy the tasting experience. Where should I start looking for such an excursion or does anyone have one that they enjoyed and was reasonably priced?

Jonny,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Join your roll for the ship you will be sailing on. go to CC first page, go to Roll Call topic, select the cruise and then the actual ship and date you will be sailing. You will meet others who are planning private tours that you can join or organize one yourself.

I have done a wine tour from the port of Livorno with Guido.tour.ie

Check out his web site. He provided a great day to a winery, wine tasting and a lucn overlooking the vineyards. One of the best private tours I have even done.

Enjoy your cruise.

This response was from Guido's Tours.

Here below you will find a brief presentation of my wine tours with pick-up and drop-off in front of the ships at the Port of Livorno.

Full Day Chianti Tour (duration 9 hours) price for 1 or 2 people 430 Euro and 35Euro for every other person you might wish to add to your group up to a maximum of 8 passengers total (I do private tours only and not shared tours, therefore the price indicated therefore the price indicated it's intended for the number of people that will be in your group only). The pick-up will be at 7.30a.m. right in front of your ship. http://www.guidos-tours.it/chianti_wine_tours.html With this tour you will have the possibility to sightsee trough the splendid Chianti countryside dotted with beautiful vineyards and olive groves, quaint little, medieval villages and hamlets that are preserving still intact all the charm and beauty of the bygone days. Of course we won't miss the opportunity also to stop at a couple of my most preferred wineries for a private, guided visit of their cellars and to taste their great olive oil and wines and certainly I will not neglect to select a nice local "trattoria" where you will have the possibility to enjoy an authentic and genuine Tuscan lunch ! With regard to the wineries and places to visit I wish to reassure you that the places I normally visit are definitely off the beaten tracks . Finally, I'd like to point out that you will have my company for the whole day and I'll do my very best to help you understand, and to learn as much as possible about wine in general and more specifically about the great Tuscan wines and the terrific extra virgin olive oil ! The price for the tour includes: 1 luxury air conditioned van, English speaking driver / wine guide - sommelier , V.A.T. and highway tolls. The price for the tour doesn't include: meals, gratuities and eventual tasting fees (usually 10 - 15 Euro per person, per winery). Every extra hour costs 50 Euro. The payment is intended CASH IN EURO, and can be made directly to me at the end of the tour.

Full Day Bolgheri - Super Tuscans tour (duration 8 hours) price for 1 or 2 people 400 Euro and 35Euro for every other person you might wish to add to your group up to a maximum of 8 passengers total (I do private tours only and not shared tours, therefore the price indicated therefore the price indicated it's intended for the number of people that will be in your group only). The pick-up will be at 8.30a.m. right in front of your ship. http://www.guidos-tours.it/supertuscans_wine_tours.html The Bolgheri - Super Tuscans Wine Tour it's certainly a wine tour for "connoisseurs " and I have to admit that even if it's one of my most preferred wine tours I don't have many people asking for it because the vast majority of people don't even know what "Super Tuscans" are. As I've said it's a great wine tour even if there's a little drawback to it, that is the costs for visit and tasting for the top wineries like Ornellaia; actually Ornellaia is the most expensive one. Consider that in any case it won't be possible to visit more than 2 wineries because visit + tasting it usually lasts a good couple of hours each. The wineries that I'd like to consider for visit are the following ones:

Ornellaia 65 Euro per person

Argentiera 35 Euro per person - highly recommended

Le Macchiole 65 Euro per person

Guado Al Melo 20 Euro per person - higly recommended

Terre Del Marchesato 25 Euro per person

Michele Satta 20 Euro per person

Campo alla Sughera 25 Euro - highly recommended

The price for the tour includes: 1 luxury air conditioned van, English speaking wine guide / sommelier , V.A.T. and highway tolls. The price for the tour doesn't include: meals, gratuities, eventual visitand tasting fees Every extra hour costs 50 Euro. The payment is intended CASH IN EURO, and can be made directly to the driver at the end of the tour.

Full Day San Gimignano - Chianti Tour (duration 9 hours) price for 2 people 430 Euro and 35Euro for every other person you might wish to add to your group up to a maximum of 8 passengers total (I do private tours only and not shared tours, therefore the price indicated it's intended for the number of people that will be in your group only). The pick-up will be at 7.30a.m. right in front of your ship. http://travelsintuscany.com/san_gimignano_tours.htm http://www.guidos-tours.it/chianti_wine_tours.html This tour will give you the possibility to spend first, a good couple of hours in the charming, medieval, little town of San Gimignano which is still incredibly so well preserved and that with its ancient walls, churches, palaces and its many narrow, little alleys flanking the main streets and squares, will give you the feeling to have stepped back right into the middle ages again ! Besides that, its many nice shops ranging from ceramic to leather goods and local products will give you also the opportunity to properly "refine the shopping" J . After that we will move on also to visit the splendid Chianti countryside dotted with beautiful vineyards and olive groves, quaint little, medieval villages and hamlets that are preserving still intact all the charm and beauty of the bygone days. Of course we won't miss the opportunity also to stop at least at one of my most preferred wineries for a private, guided visit of their cellars and to taste their great olive oil and wines and certainly I will not neglect to select a nice local "trattoria" where you will have the possibility to enjoy an authentic and genuine Tuscan lunch ! Finally, I'd like to point out again, that you will have my company for the whole day and I'll do my very best to help you understand, and to learn as much as possible about wine in general and more specifically about the great Tuscan wines and the terrific extra virgin olive oil ! The price for the tour includes: 1 luxury air conditioned van, English speaking driver / wine guide - sommelier , V.A.T. and highway tolls. The price for the tour doesn't include: meals, gratuities and eventual tasting fees (usually 10 - 15 Euro per person, per winery). Every extra hour costs 50 Euro. The payment is intended CASH IN EURO, and can be made directly to me at the end of the tour.

Vic

This response was from Guido's Tours.

Here below you will find a brief presentation of my wine tours with pick-up and drop-off in front of the ships at the Port of Livorno.

Full Day Chianti Tour (duration 9 hours) price for 1 or 2 people 430 Euro and 35Euro for every other person you might wish to add to your group up to a maximum of 8 passengers total (I do private tours only and not shared tours, therefore the price indicated therefore the price indicated it's intended for the number of people that will be in your group only). The pick-up will be at 7.30a.m. right in front of your ship. http://www.guidos-tours.it/chianti_wine_tours.html With this tour you will have the possibility to sightsee trough the splendid Chianti countryside dotted with beautiful vineyards and olive groves, quaint little, medieval villages and hamlets that are preserving still intact all the charm and beauty of the bygone days. Of course we won't miss the opportunity also to stop at a couple of my most preferred wineries for a private, guided visit of their cellars and to taste their great olive oil and wines and certainly I will not neglect to select a nice local "trattoria" where you will have the possibility to enjoy an authentic and genuine Tuscan lunch ! With regard to the wineries and places to visit I wish to reassure you that the places I normally visit are definitely off the beaten tracks . Finally, I'd like to point out that you will have my company for the whole day and I'll do my very best to help you understand, and to learn as much as possible about wine in general and more specifically about the great Tuscan wines and the terrific extra virgin olive oil ! The price for the tour includes: 1 luxury air conditioned van, English speaking driver / wine guide - sommelier , V.A.T. and highway tolls. The price for the tour doesn't include: meals, gratuities and eventual tasting fees (usually 10 - 15 Euro per person, per winery). Every extra hour costs 50 Euro. The payment is intended CASH IN EURO, and can be made directly to me at the end of the tour.

Full Day Bolgheri - Super Tuscans tour (duration 8 hours) price for 1 or 2 people 400 Euro and 35Euro for every other person you might wish to add to your group up to a maximum of 8 passengers total (I do private tours only and not shared tours, therefore the price indicated therefore the price indicated it's intended for the number of people that will be in your group only). The pick-up will be at 8.30a.m. right in front of your ship. http://www.guidos-tours.it/supertuscans_wine_tours.html The Bolgheri - Super Tuscans Wine Tour it's certainly a wine tour for "connoisseurs " and I have to admit that even if it's one of my most preferred wine tours I don't have many people asking for it because the vast majority of people don't even know what "Super Tuscans" are. As I've said it's a great wine tour even if there's a little drawback to it, that is the costs for visit and tasting for the top wineries like Ornellaia; actually Ornellaia is the most expensive one. Consider that in any case it won't be possible to visit more than 2 wineries because visit + tasting it usually lasts a good couple of hours each. The wineries that I'd like to consider for visit are the following ones:

Ornellaia 65 Euro per person

Argentiera 35 Euro per person - highly recommended

Le Macchiole 65 Euro per person

Guado Al Melo 20 Euro per person - higly recommended

Terre Del Marchesato 25 Euro per person

Michele Satta 20 Euro per person

Campo alla Sughera 25 Euro - highly recommended

The price for the tour includes: 1 luxury air conditioned van, English speaking wine guide / sommelier , V.A.T. and highway tolls. The price for the tour doesn't include: meals, gratuities, eventual visitand tasting fees Every extra hour costs 50 Euro. The payment is intended CASH IN EURO, and can be made directly to the driver at the end of the tour.

Full Day San Gimignano - Chianti Tour (duration 9 hours) price for 2 people 430 Euro and 35Euro for every other person you might wish to add to your group up to a maximum of 8 passengers total (I do private tours only and not shared tours, therefore the price indicated it's intended for the number of people that will be in your group only). The pick-up will be at 7.30a.m. right in front of your ship. http://travelsintuscany.com/san_gimignano_tours.htm http://www.guidos-tours.it/chianti_wine_tours.html This tour will give you the possibility to spend first, a good couple of hours in the charming, medieval, little town of San Gimignano which is still incredibly so well preserved and that with its ancient walls, churches, palaces and its many narrow, little alleys flanking the main streets and squares, will give you the feeling to have stepped back right into the middle ages again ! Besides that, its many nice shops ranging from ceramic to leather goods and local products will give you also the opportunity to properly "refine the shopping" J . After that we will move on also to visit the splendid Chianti countryside dotted with beautiful vineyards and olive groves, quaint little, medieval villages and hamlets that are preserving still intact all the charm and beauty of the bygone days. Of course we won't miss the opportunity also to stop at least at one of my most preferred wineries for a private, guided visit of their cellars and to taste their great olive oil and wines and certainly I will not neglect to select a nice local "trattoria" where you will have the possibility to enjoy an authentic and genuine Tuscan lunch ! Finally, I'd like to point out again, that you will have my company for the whole day and I'll do my very best to help you understand, and to learn as much as possible about wine in general and more specifically about the great Tuscan wines and the terrific extra virgin olive oil ! The price for the tour includes: 1 luxury air conditioned van, English speaking driver / wine guide - sommelier , V.A.T. and highway tolls. The price for the tour doesn't include: meals, gratuities and eventual tasting fees (usually 10 - 15 Euro per person, per winery). Every extra hour costs 50 Euro. The payment is intended CASH IN EURO, and can be made directly to me at the end of the tour.

Vic

Appreciate the detailed info, thanks!

Bob

We did b2b cruises last fall and booked all our major

Ports with Joe banana limos and one of our favorites

Was the all day excursion to the chianti region. Wonderful. Countryside

Great wine and very tasty food. The driver was so much

Fun for our group. Enjoy your cruise

http://Www.Joebananalimos com

QUOTE=jonnyb1425;32642922]My fiance and I are looking to do a wine tour on our cruise in July. We have stops in Naples, Rome, and Florence. We are by no means afficianados but do enjoy the tasting experience. Where should I start looking for such an excursion or does anyone have one that they enjoyed and was reasonably priced?

Archived