Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

I have to agree that I don't think any cruise line carries "lower class" people. I cruise every June or July and spend about 4K doing so for my family and that's just for an ocean view and without airfare! Not many Americans, especially lower income, can just spend 4K+ for a vacation. That's a lot of money for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are some of you guys keep reffering to my original post to "low class" people. Low Income and Low Class are very different. I know quite a few Low Class rich people that I can't stand to be around. Throwing cigarette's out the window, leaving food on the table after they eat at fast food, spitting gum on sidewalks. I witness that alot at the country club.

I am reffering to low income cruise line as in dress, demeanor for the most part, and possibly point of views towards a Mix Marriage.

I am reffering to low income cruise line as in dress, demeanor for the most part, and possibly point of views towards a Mix Marriage.

I must admit you have me confused on that. I think prejudice spans all income levels so it won't matter what line you cruise.

Why are some of you guys keep reffering to my original post to "low class" people. Low Income and Low Class are very different. I know quite a few Low Class rich people that I can't stand to be around. Throwing cigarette's out the window, leaving food on the table after they eat at fast food, spitting gum on sidewalks. I witness that alot at the country club.

What is your definition of "low income"? Maybe that would help us to give you the answer you are looking for.

I consider ourselves to be middle-class. Our cruise for 5 people will cost well over 7K with airfare, hotels, cruise fare, incidentals, spending money etc. A lot of $$$ to spend for 9 days!

Absolutely! $9k is alot of money for a cruise. From what I hear about CCL it is a great value for the $$ with mainly good people.

I must admit you have me confused on that. I think prejudice spans all income levels so it won't matter what line you cruise.

Yes you are correct to a certain extent. But I bet if their was a survey system for this you would find more prejudice at lower income levels from all races. Thats not being mean or demeaning, it's the truth and you guys would have to admit that. I'm not bashing all low income families, just using statistics (that have been witnessed).

Thanks for your help. H82seaUgo. When someone has an issue with topics thats a personal issue

Not sure that was to help you but to inform you...and by what I have read the person didn't block the topic, they blocked the troll that has all the other threads that just "happen" to be subjects that get a rise out of people...I noticed you haven't started a thread about anything that really matters or could actually give someone information that they could use yet...

I thought I did on my previous post you quoted. :)

Not sure at all what "income" low or high, has to do with dress, demeanor, or discrimination. If you are asking "will you run into more people who dress more casually" then yes. If you are asking if "you will see a bunch of drunks" (I think thats what you are trying to get at with demeanor), then that depends on your cruise and what you are doing...I personally have not seen that (but I wasn't looking for it either). If you are asking "if you would run into discrimination"...I would say that you wouldn't see me discriminating against you, but I personally don't think that would be limited to whatever cruise line you were sailing on. As for equating "low income" to these factors...sounds like you are the one doing the discriminating there.

Not sure that was to help you but to inform you...and by what I have read the person didn't block the topic, they blocked the troll that has all the other threads that just "happen" to be subjects that get a rise out of people...I noticed you haven't started a thread about anything that really matters or could actually give someone information that they could use yet...

You need to get correst info, I just asked how go the pizza is on Magic, or stuff in Jamica.

You you need to get you facts right, or dont say anything at all. Your just like FOX NEWS bad info, all the time. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WREAK YOURSELF.

Yes you are correct to a certain extent. But I bet if their was a survey system for this you would find more prejudice at lower income levels from all races. Thats not being mean or demeaning, it's the truth and you guys would have to admit that. I'm not bashing all low income families, just using statistics (that have been witnessed).

One thing I can tell you for SURE.

If you have a chip on your shoulder about this, then you WILL attract attention and it won't be because you are a mixed couple, but because of the vibe you put out there.

Just relax and be proud of your SO.....other people will respond in kind.

Statistics....Got some proof to back your words? You have not described any of the low income families that I know.

Not sure at all what "income" low or high, has to do with dress, demeanor, or discrimination. If you are asking "will you run into more people who dress more casually" then yes. If you are asking if "you will see a bunch of drunks" (I think thats what you are trying to get at with demeanor), then that depends on your cruise and what you are doing...I personally have not seen that (but I wasn't looking for it either). If you are asking "if you would run into discrimination"...I would say that you wouldn't see me discriminating against you, but I personally don't think that would be limited to whatever cruise line you were sailing on. As for equating "low income" to these factors...sounds like you are the one doing the discriminating there.

It's hard to explain unless your put into a situation. Ever had someone move that you sat next to due to Mix Marriage and then hear them mumble from them.

Absolutely! $9k is alot of money for a cruise. From what I hear about CCL it is a great value for the $$ with mainly good people.

I have yet to meet someone on a cruise I didnt' like :) I still think cruising Carnival is a good deal. Even booking 1 year out, airfare from Montreal is not inexpensive - but the fares did keep rising until both our flight were sold out.

I can't imagine doing an AI, and sitting in the same spot for 7 days - love cruising for the different ports and all that the ship offers. Still a good deal for us :)

It's hard to explain unless your put into a situation. Ever had someone move that you sat next to due to Mix Marriage and then hear them mumble from them.

How would you know what income level those people were that moved away? I can't tell by looking at anyone what their income level is. If its their cloths...well they could have gotten a designer outfit from the thrift store or they could be a well off person not feeling like dressing up for the day. The descrimination you got was by a "person" who is predjudiced... "low" or "high" income that's just wrong...just as wrong as your classifying people who are "low" income as bigots.

Well, I think that I finally figured out what this thread is about. It is not about the class of people on the ship it seems to just be how you feel others are going to react to you and your wife since YOU keep making the point that you are in a mixed marriage.

Frankly, I do not think anyone on here cares...

I really need some feedback on this topic. Me and the misses were discussing a cruise that we booked with some friends last night and heard more than I expected in the negative field about Carnival.

I have no opinion as I have never cruised before on ANY cruise line but they way they explained to me on several situations how they were treated and also the class of people on board. I am not rich by any means but we did book a very nice 7 day trip for 2 just under $5k (which I thought I was really going all in).

Not sure if many of you guys have experienced Walmart at 11pm-4am, if you haven't, it's more than your human eyes can bear.

Hope I booked the right cruise. :mad:

BTW, it is the Magic that we booked. AND they told us we should have booked Celebrity. :confused::confused:

I would not worry about the "type of people" you will find all types on any cruise really. I have sailed Carnival 3 times and not thrilled yet, but I am giving it another go in November on The Breeze. So, have not completely ruled it out. Having sailed several other cruise lines, they all have their pros and cons and then it depends on the ship itself. Have fun you can not go wrong with any cruise in my opinion!!

One thing I can tell you for SURE.

If you have a chip on your shoulder about this, then you WILL attract attention and it won't be because you are a mixed couple, but because of the vibe you put out there.

Just relax and be proud of your SO.....other people will respond in kind.

Yep, ding ding ding. I think you just got to the bottom of the whole thing. At first I thought OP's worries over the interracial marriage was just a part of their concerns, but it is coming to light that it is the main concern (or so it would seem).

OP, I can tell you that if the man I loved and adored was of another race, I would hold my head high and be d*mn proud of him and our love. Who cares if there is an ignorant fool out there who has a problem with it, I wouldn't give them another thought and you shouldn't either.

You need to get correst info, I just asked how go the pizza is on Magic, or stuff in Jamica.

You you need to get you facts right, or dont say anything at all. Your just like FOX NEWS bad info, all the time. SO CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WREAK YOURSELF.

The words are CORRECT and WRECK...not sure how one wreaks themself? And the word YOUR, should be You're and there should also be an apostophe in dont...should look like this...don't. And how goes that pizza anyway...Don't you think it would be How IS the pizza on the Magic? And let me know how you make out in Jamica, everyone else will be in JAMAICA. You are either in about 6th grade or have the IQ of around 70-79, maybe a bit below 70 but CERTAINLY not over 79...

And your other posts are no where near the top pages because they are not topics that try to get people worked up so just for the fact that you go onto these posts and keep adding your slightly deficient opinion and keep adding the what if this and what if that shows you are a troll. Maybe not as much on this post but definately on your Chair Hog post...

The future of cruise critic with members like you...

thumbnail.aspx?q=1622557721866&id=5f4624cf406830a60835baaeb5222702&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ratemyfunnypictures.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2011%2f01%2fstupid-questions.jpg

How would you know what income level those people were that moved away? I can't tell by looking at anyone what their income level is. If its their cloths...well they could have gotten a designer outfit from the thrift store or they could be a well off person not feeling like dressing up for the day. The descrimination you got was by a "person" who discriminates... "low" or "high" income that's just wrong...just as wrong as your classifying people who are "low" income as bigots.

Well, opinions are sometimes generated of exprience. One person is entitled to their opinions, if not might as well live in North Korea.

Well, I think that I finally figured out what this thread is about. It is not about the class of people on the ship it seems to just be how you feel others are going to react to you and your wife since YOU keep making the point that you are in a mixed marriage.

Frankly, I do not think anyone on here cares...

I certainly hope so. Unfortunetly I have to keep bringing that up to defend my statement to the ones that fail to read all the posts.

It's a endless cycle..... Geez..

Yep, ding ding ding. I think you just got to the bottom of the whole thing. At first I thought OP's worries over the interracial marriage was just a part of their concerns, but it is coming to light that it is the main concern (or so it would seem).

OP, I can tell you that if the man I loved and adored was of another race, I would hold my head high and be d*mn proud of him and our love. Who cares if there is an ignorant fool out there who has a problem with it, I wouldn't give them another thought and you shouldn't either.

Thank you, I agree and believe me I do not have a chip on my shoulder or frankly care what others think, BUT I will be on the SAME ship with the SAME people for 7 days.

Archived