Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

I must be living in the dark ages .... since when does welfare money get put on a debit card? I believe here in New York State that a person on welfare does not get direct access to any money. The local social services agency pays money direct to landlords, electric company, gas company, etc. The only thing the person on welfare gets to decide on how to spend is with food stamps, and that is loaded on a debit/Medicaid card. I used to work with this population. Perhaps there is a set amount for clothing, school supplies given out per year, but I think that is a one time payment.

Anyway, I am just astounded that people on welfare get direct access to their money now. Who thought of that idea?

LOL. I have to admit to being a little obnoxious on our cruise 2 weeks ago. I wore my Giants hat all week and my Cruz'n 80 t-shirt at least 2 days. All the Pats fans must have hated me. All in good fun.

This Pats fan wouldn't have hated you...they played horribly and didn't deserve to win. Not that you guys played much better, but you made fewer mistakes...

I must be living in the dark ages .... since when does welfare money get put on a debit card? I believe here in New York State that a person on welfare does not get direct access to any money. The local social services agency pays money direct to landlords, electric company, gas company, etc. The only thing the person on welfare gets to decide on how to spend is with food stamps, and that is loaded on a debit/Medicaid card. I used to work with this population. Perhaps there is a set amount for clothing, school supplies given out per year, but I think that is a one time payment.

Anyway, I am just astounded that people on welfare get direct access to their money now. Who thought of that idea?

They ALWAYS did - in the form of a check. With people losing checks, or cashing them then claiming they were lost, etc it was financially smart to put it on a debit card that 1) can't be lost and 2) requires a pin number to retrieve money.

Really, as far as I can see NO ONE on here has a problem with it so not sure why you think you have to defend yourself over and over and over again...

I think that you as others have posted, like to stir the pot!!!

You were all over the place with the initial question. You being a 'interracial couple' should not even have entered into the discussion. Its none of our business. So it appears from your contanstant mentioning your racial makeup, you want us to answer how the cruise 'society' is going to treat you. Honestly, we cant answer that.

Why do you even care, dont say you dont because if you didn't you would have never told us that.

As far as low income people again, what does that have to do with you and your good time. You are going to run into rude, dumb a$$, immature, inconsiderate, loud, boistrous, steedo wearing, hair chested, too big women in bikinis wearing, complainers on any cruise line, resort hotel, grocery, bank ect.

My point. Enjoy YOUR vacation, it is what you make it. (JMHO)

TBH, I thought that too, cause we sailed on Disney and I thought going Carnival would be awful. Well, I was wrong, I saw the same type of people on the Carnival Dream as I did on Disney. Same amount of drunk people, same amount of families, same everything. We are now sticking with Carnival. Trust me, we like the best, and we feel Carnival is the best!

LOL. I have to admit to being a little obnoxious on our cruise 2 weeks ago. I wore my Giants hat all week and my Cruz'n 80 t-shirt at least 2 days. All the Pats fans must have hated me. All in good fun.

You guys are welcome since our rookie gave the game away with the 2 muffed punts. So glad you guys beat the Pats.

My cruise right after the Superbowl I ran into a NYG fan and gave him congrats.

Ill be in Nola this weekend and will be wearing my 49ers hat:eek:

Back to the OP I dont think anyone low income can afford to do any cruise

Just to let everyone know. The OP which posted this topic passed away over the weekend. I know him and his wife were looking foward to the cruise so much. He left behind two kids and a wife of 13 years.

With your past trolling, and that his account was accessed today, (Last Activity: Today 11:23 AM) I hope you're making this up, though I realize family could be on his computer.

If it is true, my deepest condolences to the family.

With your past trolling, and that his account was accessed today, (Last Activity: Today 11:23 AM) I hope you're making this up, though I realize family could be on his computer.

If it is true, my deepest condolences to the family.

Ditto.

Very sorry to hear but the source is questionable.

Imho it is entirely possible they are one in the same... OP is a new member, maybe things were a bit dull around here for Texan so he had some fun with what he thought was a screen name too good to waste....

Just to let everyone know. The OP which posted this topic passed away over the weekend. The mods deleated his account. I know him and his wife were looking foward to the cruise so much.

Are you refering to WalkThaFreekinPlank who last posted at 11:23 today?

Just to let everyone know. The OP which posted this topic passed away over the weekend. The mods deleated his account. I know him and his wife were looking foward to the cruise so much.

And with that, I just hit the red triangle. The account is not closed, they logged on today, and coincidently, you are listed as their one CC friend. This is how you respond to creating aka accounts on CC? Please grow up.

Are you refering to WalkThaFreekinPlank who last posted at 11:23 today?

The last post they made was March 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM

The last time their account was accessed was the time you mentioned.

And with that, I just hit the red triangle. The account is not closed, they logged on today, and coincidently, you are listed as their one CC friend. This is how you respond to creating aka accounts on CC? Please grow up. This is just plain pathetic.

He then edited his post to say the mods deleted the account, so it would appear the MODS accessed it today, since it was questionable.

Why would the OPs family be worried about making sure his CC account was deleted days after he died,and secondly, why would the mods take someones word for it?

I could easily write CC an email and say any member I wanted to had died, and please delete their account.

I am calling BS. Sorry.

The last post they made was March 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM

The last time their account was accessed was the time you mentioned.

And your point? Do you think a grieving widow would bother to log onto Cruise Critic today if her husband passed away over the weekend? The account was accessed, so what if he didn't post.

He then edited his post to say the mods deleted the account, so it would appear the MODS accessed it today, since it was questionable.

Why would the OPs family be worried about making sure his CC account was deleted days after he died,and secondly, why would the mods take someones word for it?

I could easily write CC an email and say any member I wanted to had died, and please delete their account.

I am calling BS. Sorry.

I am not sure they would delete it anyway...I mean, why would it need to be closed? There is no charge, so it would just go unused.

Doesn't make a lot of sense...

And your point? Do you think a grieving widow would bother to log onto Cruise Critic today if her husband passed away over the weekend? The account was accessed, so what if he didn't post.

Do you feel better now that you were rude to me? You're saying the exact same things I already said.

MY POINT was that the last time an account was accessed is the not last time a post was made, which the poster was confused about. Does me helping another poster clear up confusion warrant your rudeness?

I am not sure they would delete it anyway...I mean, why would it need to be closed? There is no charge, so it would just go unused.

Doesn't make a lot of sense...

While obviously not warranted in THIS case, when my husbands workplace suffered a mass shooting 2 years ago resulting in 3 deaths and more injures, one of my close friends wanted EVERYTHING public about their life removed off the internet because it was high-profile and the news was hounding them and searching for things.

The news was calling her dozens of times a day, starting with the day her husband died. They were on her facebook, her husbands facebook, her CHILDREN'S facebooks, so I can certainly understand that in some cases, you would want any and all internet accounts shut down.

That said, she was grieving, and didn't do it herself. She asked me to do it for her, and I did.

Plus if the family did plead with CC for privacy reasons doesn't it make sense that they would delete AT least the topics he started if not all of his posts in general? I mean, if it was really an issue...why delete a random silly account...

But there was no reason to bring it up and to bring it up reads as "Spanish people mistreat foodstamps" whether you realize it or meant to sound that way.

It brought nothing to the conversation except to single out a particular race.

I agree..and I feel it is very discriminatory to ask anyone their race..heritage..religion..etc. any more...

And the first place it should start is college applications....who cares if someone is "hispanic"..or "african"..Or "caucasian" or "asian/pacific"....

How about this...2 boxes....human...non-human...

I find it extremely insulting when forms ask for race......why? because by merely asking that question..they are discriminating against you...regardless of your race...

only when everyone starts to check the .."prefer not to answer box" will we all be equal...

Archived