Please give me suggestions???

ULCajunCruiser

To all you Cozumel experts out there. We are three couples, all aged 50, who will be in Cozumel for 8 hours on June 16th. We have booked with Eduardo, and know we will spend our time with his driver doing whatever.

None of us has really visited there before, can anyone suggest what stops we can't miss??? We are all pretty flexible, just want to enjoy our day. We know we want to spend a small part of it at a beach. We know we want to see a lighthouse, maybe some ruins. We know we want to do some local shopping, eat local. One of the girls is into antiques????

Can you put together some names and places??? Please make any suggestions you feel are can't miss things.

Thanks!!!!

With a tour such as this, the one thing you won't want to miss are stops on the east side of the island. You can find food and drinks, along with beach time and spectacular scenery along that stretch. Do some research on Mezcalitos, Coconuts, Playa Bonita, Chen Rio, El Mirador, or the Rasta Bar. You might also want to get some suggestions from your driver. We did a ton of photo ops there.

My family loved the ruins at San Gervasio. Be aware that they're not as spectacular as those on the mainland--they are considered a minor site, but still of interest to many. We found them fascinating.

As far as shopping is concerned, your driver will know about shops off the beaten path (a few blocks back from the main drag). The prices and selection of souvenirs will be much better. I liked Los Cinco Soles a lot.

I used the Cozumelmycozumel, Cozumel insider and Trip Advisor sites for some ideas, but even a simple Google search for "Cozumel Shopping" could scare up some information for you.

Have fun!

Make sure you see the blowholes. La Mission in town is a great place to eat. Coconut's- on the wild side of the island is fun. Just have the driver take u around the island. We were just there for 11 days and love it!!! Didn't see the ruins-- heard they weren' that great, but to each his own. The money Bar has a good place to go out and shore snorkel. Just know that most of the coral is gone frome the hurricane in 05. We did see a 3-4 ft barracuda right by the money bar!!

Make sure you see the blowholes. La Mission in town is a great place to eat. Coconut's- on the wild side of the island is fun. Just have the driver take u around the island. We were just there for 11 days and love it!!! Didn't see the ruins-- heard they weren' that great, but to each his own. The money Bar has a good place to go out and shore snorkel. Just know that most of the coral is gone frome the hurricane in 05. We did see a 3-4 ft barracuda right by the money bar!!

What/where are the blowholes?

Thanks all for the suggestions. Its so easy to know you want to eat, much harder to know exactly where, if you understand what I'm saying. So I really apprecaite you guys naming names of places and spots.

bchbum641, please tell me more about these blowholes!!!!

Found them here:

Leave the antiquing for England and the US. You may want to visit the tequila factory, no they don't make it there, but you learn about the plants that make it(in the earth type) and you can get free samples...... I enjoyed Discover Mexico. Im not an old fuddy duddy, just really enjoyed the art in the museum, the miniature village, and the film showing the great places in Mexico-giving you a great feel for another trip, more to the mainland.:) The eastern shoreline is beautiful. A little rough the day I was there to go swim in, but very dramatic! Have a great time!

Leave the antiquing for England and the US. You may want to visit the tequila factory, no they don't make it there, but you learn about the plants that make it(in the earth type) and you can get free samples...... I enjoyed Discover Mexico. Im not an old fuddy duddy, just really enjoyed the art in the museum, the miniature village, and the film showing the great places in Mexico-giving you a great feel for another trip, more to the mainland.:) The eastern shoreline is beautiful. A little rough the day I was there to go swim in, but very dramatic! Have a great time!

Thanks for the tips

Archived