Randi's Is Awesome!!

thesassysally

We made it back on Sunday but today is the first chance I have had to send a message to and about some wonderful people in Mazatlan!

On April 14, my husband and I headed off the Carnival Pride for an adventure that was different than our norm and that was to go horseback riding. Neither of us are "riders" and were a bit apprehensive but that was unnecessary. We had a wonderful day with some wonderful people! We started with transportation to a very different place, Stone Island. When Randi says you are going back in time, it is no exaggeration! We met the rest of Randi's crew and were off for a relaxing and fun horseback ride on a beautiful beach that ended at a fantastic restaurant, the infamous Victor's (Hi Chris--I miss the Pacifico's already). We had a great lunch for an even greater price and a "few" cold ones to go along while we relaxed and visited with some fellow riders (Hi Meg!). I hated to head back to the ship and worse than that to head back home, I miss everyone!

Thanks so much to Randi, Tony, Lulu and the rest of the gang! You gave us a wonderful time and Lulu kept me laughing the whole way trying to get me to go faster and "kick him Amiga"! Hope to see you all again soon!

If anyone needs any further convincing of how great this excursion is, just ask me. It is the best!

Glad you had a great time. We are sailing on the Oosterdam in Oct and have Randi's booked. Nice to hear that not being a "rider" wasn't a problem. We haven't ridden in about 25 years so I was wondering how it would work out. We're looking forward to cold beers and garlic shrimp at Victor's. Thanks for posting. :D

Yes, you are picked up at ship. The little tram takes all passengers to the terminal where all the shops and vendors are. Randi will be holding up a pink sign while she gathers up all her riders. You should book as soon as you can as she has a limited number of horses and tours. The trip out to Stone Island is part of the fun. Don't miss the "mexican navy" on the way across. You can swim on the beach near Victor's resturant or sit and watch the day go by.

We made it back on Sunday but today is the first chance I have had to send a message to and about some wonderful people in Mazatlan!

On April 14, my husband and I headed off the Carnival Pride for an adventure that was different than our norm and that was to go horseback riding. Neither of us are "riders" and were a bit apprehensive but that was unnecessary. We had a wonderful day with some wonderful people! We started with transportation to a very different place, Stone Island. When Randi says you are going back in time, it is no exaggeration! We met the rest of Randi's crew and were off for a relaxing and fun horseback ride on a beautiful beach that ended at a fantastic restaurant, the infamous Victor's (Hi Chris--I miss the Pacifico's already). We had a great lunch for an even greater price and a "few" cold ones to go along while we relaxed and visited with some fellow riders (Hi Meg!). I hated to head back to the ship and worse than that to head back home, I miss everyone!

Thanks so much to Randi, Tony, Lulu and the rest of the gang! You gave us a wonderful time and Lulu kept me laughing the whole way trying to get me to go faster and "kick him Amiga"! Hope to see you all again soon!

If anyone needs any further convincing of how great this excursion is, just ask me. It is the best!

I second that. Our family was there on the 14th as well. I can't believe the four of us ate as well as we did for just $27.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad you had a great time. We are sailing on the Oosterdam in Oct and have Randi's booked. Nice to hear that not being a "rider" wasn't a problem. We haven't ridden in about 25 years so I was wondering how it would work out. We're looking forward to cold beers and garlic shrimp at Victor's. Thanks for posting. :D

Hi' date=' saw that you have Randi's booked for our Oct. cruise. :confused: I've been trying to get her websit, the email address that I have came back. The one I found on the boards is [email']randi@randishhappyhorses.com[/email], but didn't work. Help !!! I have several in our group that really want to take this tour. As alway, thanks for your help. Shirley

Hi' date=' saw that you have Randi's booked for our Oct. cruise. :confused: I've been trying to get her websit, the email address that I have came back. The one I found on the boards is randi@randishhappyhorses.com, but didn't work. Help !!! I have several in our group that really want to take this tour. As alway, thanks for your help. Shirley

Hi Shirley,

The web site I have is www.randishappyhorses.com and the e-mail address I have is Randi@randishappyhorses.com It took her about 5 days to get back to me the first time but less than a day after that. We have 3 riders and 1 non-rider that will wait for us at Victor's while we ride. Hope this helps you!:D

Hi Shirley' date='[/size']

The web site I have is www.randishappyhorses.com and the e-mail address I have is Randi@randishappyhorses.com It took her about 5 days to get back to me the first time but less than a day after that. We have 3 riders and 1 non-rider that will wait for us at Victor's while we ride. Hope this helps you!:D

Thanks, this really helps. Shirley

Hi Shirley' date='[/size']

Janice, I sent a message to Randi yesterday and she responded this morning. Now I call that service! We have 6 riders so far, all with very little if any riding experience, I'm sure we will be hurting puppies the next day :o , but from what I have read it will be worth it. We're probably see you there if not before.

Shirley

My question is how long is this excursion/tour from the time you get picked up a the pier until you are returned back to the ship..... you are all very convincing about trying this for sure :)

Emmy

My question is how long is this excursion/tour from the time you get picked up a the pier until you are returned back to the ship..... you are all very convincing about trying this for sure :)

Emmy

Randi meets you at the terminal at 8:30 and you leave at 9:00. They have you back to the terminal about 2:00.:)

Randi meets you at the terminal at 8:30 and you leave at 9:00. They have you back to the terminal about 2:00.:)

Stanford's girl ~ thank you for the infomation...that helps very much....

Emmy

Just there last week off the Mercury. They were coming into Victors around 1PM to eat and loaded up on tractor tram back to dock Ferry is real short back & it doens't take long becuase Cruise Port is very close.

We were not with Randi group & even we hailed a taxi quick after ferry. 5 minute ride, if that.

Liz

I read on another board that Victor's Restaurant has a bathroom, but no door on it? :eek: Anyone?

You are right!

No problem though.

No one peaked.

Come on, you are on an island, rough it alittle!

Liz

After their ride, they will need to go to the bathroom so bad they won't even care. ;) This is their chance to take a step back in time. It's not like the bathroom is right on the beach... it is in the back area.

I rode with Randi last Wednesday and it was the highlight of our trip! We used the restroom many times as I have 2 kids. The actual bathroom stall does not have a door but there is a door at the opening that you can close, however it was private enough that I did not use the door. No one walked in on us. It's pretty private as the restrooms are in the back away from everyhing. There is also a sink to wash you hands including soap.

My kids (ages almost 4 and 7) loved it. They had the biggest smiles on their faces when they were riding their own horses. The food at Victors was so good.

My son and I are going on the PRIDE next Sunday and have reservations with Randi's Happy Horses, so I'll report back(I think 8 of us from our Roll call thread are going). I've heard absolutely nothing but good about Randi and her whole operation (the main reason I booked this excursion). Passengers have been talking about her for years. :)

My son and I are going on the PRIDE next Sunday and have reservations with Randi's Happy Horses, so I'll report back(I think 8 of us from our Roll call thread are going). I've heard absolutely nothing but good about Randi and her whole operation (the main reason I booked this excursion). Passengers have been talking about her for years. :)

Share your fun when you get back.

Archived