"What sank the Titanic"

e150club

Isn't there a Cliff Notes version in the form of a movie?

Here are the Cliff notes, ship hit iceberg, hole in ship, ship no longer has buoyancy, ship sinks, many years later a horrible movie with a horrible actor and a horrible sounds track makes a ton of money.

Arrrogance.

It's like when someone says something is foolproof,,then a bigger and better fool comes along and proves you wrong.

Unsinkable. Icebergs got together and one of them said,,heck I can sink that boat,,and voila.

Captain did a close sail by to salute the seals on the iceberg. Shortly afterwards the White Star Line's Chairman fell into the lifeboat and survived. The end.

I know you are kidding, this isn't a flame.:D

But, unlike the captain of the Costa Concordia, the captain of the Titanic stayed with his ship and went down with her. :( Sad.

Captain did a close sail by to salute the seals on the iceberg. Shortly afterwards the White Star Line's Chairman fell into the lifeboat and survived. The end.

I know you are kidding, this isn't a flame.:D

But, unlike the captain of the Costa Concordia, the captain of the Titanic stayed with his ship and went down with her. :( Sad.

Bruce Ismay was not the captain. He was the White Star lines Chairman and the captains boss who supposedly ordered the captain to forget about the icebergs and go full speed ahead.

After the disaster, Ismay was savaged by both the American and the British press for deserting the ship while women and children were still on board. Some papers called him the "Coward Of The Titanic" or "J. Brute Ismay" and suggested that the White Star flag be changed to a yellow liver. Some ran negative cartoons depicting him deserting the ship.

No, he was clearly in the bridge when the water broke through the windows.

Serves him right since he really should have left Jack a key to escape his handcuffs.

Jeez!

sure, but did you see his beard and makeup come off as he submerged? that would freak me out too.

he looked like he did in the lord of the rings.

sure, but did you see his beard and makeup come off as he submerged? that would freak me out too.

he looked like he did in the lord of the rings.

LOL! Actually, he really did bear a resemblance to the real Captain. Mostly the beard.

Archived