Question on Anytime Dining

mjl1960

We are scheduled to leave on the Spirit this Friday. We have been looking at excursions, and see that some of them would get back late enough that we would have to really rush around to get ready for our Early Dining at 6 pm.

I was wondering if we could wait until the late dining time, and go as if we were anytime dining and be seated? We hate having to rush back on board, especially on the formal nights, to get ready to eat.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

If you are early or late set time dining, you cant switch to anytime, even for one evening. Only those with confirmed "your time dining" can go there. There is alway buffet, pizza, deli, or room service, probably more.

We have been scheduled for the early seating and have ran late. (We are vacation you know.) Walked up to the hostess stand and was seated in a short time. No problems.

Well that could be one reason why some who are confirmed for "your time dining" who arrive 7pm or later, have to wait!:rolleyes:

I would call Carnival or whomever you booked your cruise with and see if you can get changed over to anytime dining. If you were only going to be late for one dinner one night I would say not to sweat it as I'm sure they would accommodate you. But your post say that some of them may be late. If that's the case, you can't expect to be allowed to change dinning times for all the times you are late. If you can't get this changed before sailing I would suggest one of the first things you should do when you board the ship is to head straight for the MDR and see if you can talk to the Maitre d' right away and see if he will allow you to change over to anytime dinning. The worst that could happen is that you will either have to pony up for one of the specialty restaurants or eat at one of the other free dining venues.

Good luck! I hope you have a great cruise whatever happens with the dining. :D

We just got off the Triumph and selected Anytime Dining. We had to give our room numbers at dinner for the hostess to confirm our status for Anytime Dining. Only then were we assigned a table for the evening. So it doesn't look like those who have early or late dining can just show up and try to get in on the Anytime Dining, at least on the Triumph.

We opted for late dining when we took our first cruise last Oct for the reason you stated, not having to hurry to get around for dinner. We had a great experience with late dining, our tablemates, we were seated at a fourtop, were great people. We both missed one night of dining and it was the same night. I guess if you do the anytime dining many times you are seated at a table for two if you are just a couple and miss the chance to meet other people at dinner. You don't have to worry about missing any shows or anything, you just go to the late shows.

Last cruise (in January) we had late dining. Two days into the cruise we decided we didn't like late seating, went to the Matre D and asked to change to anytime. No problem. We were anytime for the rest of the cruise. I bet if we had gone back a couple of days later and asked for late dining back he would have made the change.

I've found that Carnival will always try to accommodate a reasonable request. I don't think they would ever turn anybody away from the dining room.

Archived