36 month old not potty trained on Allure?

dogsambam

We are traveling on the Allure with our 6 year old and our newly turned 3 year old (literally 36 months and days). The likelihood of him being completely toilet train is probably not going to be a reality, as we hoped. I spoke to RCCL today, and they told me that he will be able to participate in the sitting service at the nursery, because he is 36 months old. Has anyone experienced this with an older two or recently turned 3? Is there enough for hi. To do in the nursery? We just thought it would be better for him to be with other kids vs. being with a baby sitter. Also, does anyone have any photos of the nursery play area?

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

• 4 years later...

We are in your exact shoes this coming March. How did your trip end up going? Did your little one like the Royal Tots room? I just don't want my DD to be bored but I would rather she have help with her potty needs than have accidents in AO.

We are in your exact shoes this coming March. How did your trip end up going? Did your little one like the Royal Tots room? I just don't want my DD to be bored but I would rather she have help with her potty needs than have accidents in AO.

Perhaps for the short time spent in AO your DD can wear a pullup...I think this is what we'll opt for (March cruise) for our toddler grandchild as he has been in the wonderful Royal Tot's Nursery on prior cruises but now that he's 3 he would be bored.

Perhaps for the short time spent in AO your DD can wear a pullup...I think this is what we'll opt for (March cruise) for our toddler grandchild as he has been in the wonderful Royal Tot's Nursery on prior cruises but now that he's 3 he would be bored.

I wish that were a possibility but AO has strict rules against that...they must be 100% potty trained. Able to pull down/up pants, wipe themselves, wash hands and no pull ups or diapers. Pretty big task for MOST 3 yo.

That is why I was thinking for the short amount of times we would use the program, we may opt for the Royal Tots side, she will be 36 months (turning 3 right before we sail so either program fits her age). BUT she she does insist on doing all of #1 herself. I sort of worry about a 3 yo wiping #2 properly. :) We still have 50 days to go, anything can happen! Fingers crossed.

I wish that were a possibility but AO has strict rules against that...they must be 100% potty trained. Able to pull down/up pants, wipe themselves, wash hands and no pull ups or diapers. Pretty big task for MOST 3 yo.

That is why I was thinking for the short amount of times we would use the program, we may opt for the Royal Tots side, she will be 36 months (turning 3 right before we sail so either program fits her age). BUT she she does insist on doing all of #1 herself. I sort of worry about a 3 yo wiping #2 properly. :) We still have 50 days to go, anything can happen! Fingers crossed.

But "accidents" happen...What do they do about that ? Our's will be 37 months at time of our next cruise...will we have the option of using Royal Tot's or not ?

Does RCI have beepers? Our son was fully potty trained at 35 months, but wasn't the best at wiping himself for #2. NCL couldn't help, but after noticing him struggle wiping they gave us a beeper so they could contact us to help him wipe if he went again. He didn't, but it was a nice option. I can understand RCI not wanting to wait for a parent to show up to help a kid go to the bathroom, but I'd hope they would let a kid who needs a little help wiping go into the kids clubs and contact the parent if they have beepers.

IF you child has to do it by himself, perhaps leaving baby wipes might help? I think that's easier to use than toilet paper. Just make sure your child doesn't clog the toilet by throwing them in the potty.

Edited by kitkat343