Celebrity Equinox Day 4 - and Dailies

rspro

It's day 4 and it is again a port day - this time the island of Roatan off the coast of mainland Honduras. Unlike the previous port of Cozumel, we took an organized tour to visit the Gumbalimba Nature reserve. As usual, the Celebrity Dailies for today are presented here along with some photos: http://www.proszowski.com

The port that Celebrity uses at Roatan is very focused on receiving its one cruise ship a day and fairly efficiently dispersing tourist to various tours. The port shopping area is extremely small, but therefore manageable. It can easily be covered within 15 minutes of walking off the ship.

Gumbalimba is a nice nature reserve to visit, although there is a fair amount of walking and some grades and steps. The highlight of the trip is "monkey town" where you can have a local monkey in training sit on your head, steal your hat, or do other monkey things while someone gets the event on film. Its actually great for nature or animal lovers. There are also parrots which are tame, more monkeys which are wild, lots of hummingbirds flitting about plus lots more flora and fauna. It was an enjoyable outing.

Back on the ship, we had planned an evening at the specialty restaurant Tuscan Grille, our first dinner outside of the Silhouette Dining room. After freshening up, we went to Cellar Masters, where, as luck would have it, they were featuring a "Viva Italia: Italian Wine Tasting". They actually have wine tastings every night, usually from a different region each evening. Tonight was Italian night and we were headed to the Tuscan Grill - serendipity indeed. The wine tasting is usually two whites and two reds from the region, with a range from subtle to powerful if appropriate. We had a round and listened to music from the foyer orchestra. Cellar Masters, as I had previously mentioned, is open to the foyer and one can hear the music from the floor below while sipping wine. A good time.

Our dinner that evening at Tuscan Grille was spectacular. The best way to re-enforce this is that we went back two more times during the cruise. From the moment you are offered an assortment of breads, cheeses, prosciutto, and other antipasti, all the way to dessert, service, presentation, flavors and ambiance were all top notch. We tried the arancini and mushroom ravioli, yum, we tried small portions of 4 other pastas, yum, we tried a filet with garlic mashed potatoes, yum, and we had a chocolate fondue and hazelnut ice cream for dessert, yum. Come hungry, come open to suggestions and conversations with your servers, come open to listening to Eros Ramazzotti in the background and you'll come away with a wonderful experience.

Remember, I posted photos at http://www.proszowski.com

Cheers

It's day 4 and it is again a port day - this time the island of Roatan off the coast of mainland Honduras. Unlike the previous port of Cozumel, we took an organized tour to visit the Gumbalimba Nature reserve. As usual, the Celebrity Dailies for today are presented here along with some photos: http://www.proszowski.com

The port that Celebrity uses at Roatan is very focused on receiving its one cruise ship a day and fairly efficiently dispersing tourist to various tours. The port shopping area is extremely small, but therefore manageable. It can easily be covered within 15 minutes of walking off the ship.

Gumbalimba is a nice nature reserve to visit, although there is a fair amount of walking and some grades and steps. The highlight of the trip is "monkey town" where you can have a local monkey in training sit on your head, steal your hat, or do other monkey things while someone gets the event on film. Its actually great for nature or animal lovers. There are also parrots which are tame, more monkeys which are wild, lots of hummingbirds flitting about plus lots more flora and fauna. It was an enjoyable outing.

Back on the ship, we had planned an evening at the specialty restaurant Tuscan Grille, our first dinner outside of the Silhouette Dining room. After freshening up, we went to Cellar Masters, where, as luck would have it, they were featuring a "Viva Italia: Italian Wine Tasting". They actually have wine tastings every night, usually from a different region each evening. Tonight was Italian night and we were headed to the Tuscan Grill - serendipity indeed. The wine tasting is usually two whites and two reds from the region, with a range from subtle to powerful if appropriate. We had a round and listened to music from the foyer orchestra. Cellar Masters, as I had previously mentioned, is open to the foyer and one can hear the music from the floor below while sipping wine. A good time.

Our dinner that evening at Tuscan Grille was spectacular. The best way to re-enforce this is that we went back two more times during the cruise. From the moment you are offered an assortment of breads, cheeses, prosciutto, and other antipasti, all the way to dessert, service, presentation, flavors and ambiance were all top notch. We tried the arancini and mushroom ravioli, yum, we tried small portions of 4 other pastas, yum, we tried a filet with garlic mashed potatoes, yum, and we had a chocolate fondue and hazelnut ice cream for dessert, yum. Come hungry, come open to suggestions and conversations with your servers, come open to listening to Eros Ramazzotti in the background and you'll come away with a wonderful experience.

Remember, I posted photos at http://www.proszowski.com

Cheers

Thanks so much for your wonderful posting's and useful information . We will be on Equinox this coming Monday and we are very excited . This is our ninth cruise and first with Celebrity . I will be checking daily for any update's you may post. Thanks again !!

We aren't on the Equinox until December - I love reading your reviews and links to pictures and dailies. Letting all of us see an extended cruise - keep up the reviews! I usually read without commenting, but had to let you know how much I am enjoying my daily 'fix' from you!

Thank You!

Archived