Looks Like Rain!!

AZchieffan

The weather does change quickly in the Caribbean, usually. Here in Oklahoma, a 30% chance of rain usually means 99% of all-day rain for days on end. In the Caribbean, a 30% chance truly is about 30%, and if you get it, it doesn't last long. We had a tour in St. Martin in which the storm basically chased us all over the island. And one time in Cozumel, it was heavy rains the entire day. But usually, the rain will last less than an hour, then it's sunny.

I'm sailing the same week with visits to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan , & Costa Maya. The weather forecast I see is extreme heat and therefore a chance for Thunder Showers each day due to the heat. Looks like Great weather to me.

Don't panic it could change at any given moment. You will see the Sunshine

So the forecast next week on my Legend Cruise is calling for rain everyday in every port. Whats peoples experiences with rainy weather in ports such as Grand Cayman, Coz, Belize, and Roatan? Surely it cant rain everyday can it?:(

So the forecast next week on my Legend Cruise is calling for rain everyday in every port. Whats peoples experiences with rainy weather in ports such as Grand Cayman, Coz, Belize, and Roatan? Surely it cant rain everyday can it?:(

We went on this cruise and it rained everyday but everything was fine.

At stingray city it POURED, (we were already wet) when we got back to the ship it had not rained there at all.

Don't worry...

Also, that was our all time favorite cruise.

Dave

Just did the Western Itin. on the 1-28 sailing of the Liberty. Yep - it rained everday at every port. At Cozumel - about a half hour or so in the morning - and then the day got hot. In Belize - off and on through noon - and then got hot. In Roatan - heavy rain for about an hour and then spitting off and on the rest of the day - but warm to very warm the whole day. In Grand Cayman - a couple of short showers and never got colder than extremely warm. The weather didn't dampen any of our plans. It was quite the enjoyable cruise.

Delta Q (a fellow cruise buddy O' mine) is absolutely right...with the heat you will have a chance of a thunderstorm..and they are very brief....Trust me, I used to live in the Virgin Islands and the weather forecast used to call for rain everyday...and let me tell you it hardly ever did...it's all good....and remember any day on vacation is way way better than a day at work...have fun!

It was pouring when we got to Coz, we had booked the all inclusive Mr Sanchos and paid just a small deposit, so we discussed whether we should go or not and figured, whatever, at the very least we go and eat and drink under the canopy :D We arrived to the resort in a downpour, sat and drank and ate and had a good time for an hour then noticed the sun was coming out through the rain which had become lighter, another 30 min we were under blue skies (and the forecast only showed rain for the day) best part (for us not Mr Sanchos) is that it appeared that most people decided not to show up and we spent the day there with about 20 other people and had the place mostly to ourselves, had fast service and a GREAT time. Dont worry about the rain, it might rain for a little bit, but will stop and dry up quickly.

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks everybody. Not gonna stress about it. I'll take whatever comes our way. Just wanted to hear some experiences with weather in those ports. Doing stingray city, passion island by twister, altun ha, river wallace, and tabayna beach. Getting pretty excited for our many adventures. :D

Archived