FINALLY figured out what rum runners are!!

elainesj

Wacky observation. After browsing these boards for a year, I finally got curious enough to click on a link to buy rum runners to see what they looked like. A light bulb went off!

A few months ago, my company purchased collapsible water bottles as giveaways. I've been at several shows now giving them away and at least 10-20% of people have commented that it would be excellent for sneaking booze onto a cruise. I've always wondered why that was the first thought in people's minds (instead of just regular sports bottles they may have at home, etc).

Now I know - they look practically the same!

Collapsible water bottle:

vapur_bottles_canada_4-01.jpg

Rum Runner Flask

Thumb_Cruise%20Special.JPG

Ha! So that's what they're called!

We do lots of music festivals, Glastonbury and the like, I am chief frozen cocktail maker and I *need* Rum Runners. We have a kids drink called Capri Sun which is packaged in these, I make everyone I know drink them for months in advance so we have hundreds for our trips!

It would probably be too expensive to get hundreds. Le Sigh!

Wacky observation. After browsing these boards for a year, I finally got curious enough to click on a link to buy rum runners to see what they looked like. A light bulb went off!

A few months ago, my company purchased collapsible water bottles as giveaways. I've been at several shows now giving them away and at least 10-20% of people have commented that it would be excellent for sneaking booze onto a cruise. I've always wondered why that was the first thought in people's minds (instead of just regular sports bottles they may have at home, etc).

Now I know - they look practically the same!

Collapsible water bottle:

vapur_bottles_canada_4-01.jpg

Rum Runner Flask

Thumb_Cruise%20Special.JPG

It is also one of the first places checked for "sneaking booze" on board. Along with water bottles, mouthwash bottles, kids drink bottles, etc., etc. Trust me - the cruise lines know all the tricks...........

Archived