Obtaining a PVP?

Out to sea!

What is the best way to contact a PVP versus just a normal CSP? I want to purchase a cruise that hasn't listed yet and I believe a PVP can help me in getting the cabin I want as soon as the cruise lists. I also want to have no issues using my FCC and I have a daughter in the military coming with us so i have several challenges to navigate. That's why I want to use a PVP versus my normal online TA. Any thoughts??

You can:

Call 1-800-819-3902 during their business hours of M-Th 11am-8pm, or F 9am-6pm, and tell them that you would like to speak to a Personal Vacation Planner. They will assign one to you.

OR

You can register online on the Carnival website. Once that's done, a PVP should be contacting you within 24 hours.

One great thing about using a PVP is that once you submit your military paperwork (ID's DD-214, etc), it will be stored in that PVP's database so you won't need to re-submit for future cruises.

Wish I could give you the name of our phenomenal PVP which we've used for the last 7+ years! (But Cruise Critic won't let me :()

I tried to go the PVP route some years ago, but the 1st one went out on disability for a long period, the 2nd one was promoted after booking one cruise, the 3rd one quit after booking one cruise and I finally gave up and educated myself so I just call the 800 number or book online myself.

I do a lot of outside of regular business hour bookings and I would never want to wait for my PVP to call me back.

Oh oneother thing it pays to look online to find the best deal as well so you can work with the PVP who has all the ships layouts in front of him so you can make sure your cabin is in a good location and at a good price.

Ken, you're probably about to get a million posts on here but wanted to let you know real quick in case you can do some damage control...you can't post that info on here. No names or numbers...

Thanks to everyone for their help. Now I just need to start calling! :D

dont call to get one .. put you number in the call back place on the carnival site.

If you call you almost always get a CSR who is who takes incoming calls.

dont call to get one .. put you number in the call back place on the carnival site.

If you call you almost always get a CSR who is who takes incoming calls.

True, but, I was looking for a referral from people who were pleased with their PVP. I got that!!!

Archived