JADE Review- to the point

wack001

I was a bit leery about sailing the Jade due to review but what a wonderful time and excellent ship, funny how the other reviews on the same ship and sailing were not happy.

I think that there are many people that simply enjoy that state of mind. I've definitely run into plenty of folks that give me that impression in my various travels. Glad to hear you had fun on the Jade. I always do. :)

I noticed you mentioned in your excellant review that it was apparently possible to purchase "strong" drink after check in and prior to embarking the ship. I thought that the policy was no drink to be brought onboard unless corkage is paid. Appreciate if you could clarify? ;)

I was a bit leery about sailing the Jade due to review but what a wonderful time and excellent ship, funny how the other reviews on the same ship and sailing were not happy.

:D I've ran into that on both of our cruises and wondered if perhaps they just thought they were on that sail.

I think people's attitude going in and how they have fun makes everyone's mileage different. And then there are those who could not be pleased no matter what and are bent and determined to look for negatives in life.

I can't say my cruises were perfect, nothing in life is. But I have to think incredibly hard to remember what the negatives were, unless something refreshes my memory.

Thanks for the review, glad you had a great time.

I think people's attitude going in and how they have fun makes everyone's mileage different. And then there are those who could not be pleased no matter what and are bent and determined to look for negatives in life.

I think you hit the nail on the head... Some people are only truly happy when they are complaining.

Some of us are the opposite... I am hell bent and determined that I will enjoy my vacation that I worked hard for. I plan to enjoy as much of it as I can squeeze out of it!

I noticed you mentioned in your excellant review that it was apparently possible to purchase "strong" drink after check in and prior to embarking the ship. I thought that the policy was no drink to be brought onboard unless corkage is paid. Appreciate if you could clarify? ;)

There was a number of shops inside the terminal after check-in that you could purchase a number of items. I think that tells all.

Thank you for your review. We are considering this cruise next month.

What was the mix of nationalities on board? What was main language - English or Spanish? Were there announcements in several languages?

We have not cruised NCL for many many years.

Thanks

Thanks for the review and post. We loved the Jade but have to say we were / are first time cruisers. Still looking forward to a next one if it ever comes but if we have the change then...

@English, nationalities or mixed but I don't think it matters a lot as in every country you have rude people or nice people etc. But the mixed (guessing) 60% USA 30% from all parts of Europe. Anouncements were made in (off course) English, Spanish, Italian and German.

Funny it is that I still visit this page weekly or more; just loved cruising:)

If you are interested, I posted a review (or more a diary): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=28997224

Although it is almost a year ago so maybe not everything is up to date:) And sorry for spamming

my recent Jade review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=98452

Happy to answer any questions but what I find funny is reading the other reviews of the ship on the same sailing, perhaps the others were on a row boat?

enjoy.

cruisinbob

What time were you able to disembark on the final day in Barcelona...... both those that took their own luggage and did express disembarkation and those who left their bags out the night before. Trying to see if my friend can make a 9:55 a.m. flight within Europe.

Many thanks,

Peggy

What time were you able to disembark on the final day in Barcelona...... both those that took their own luggage and did express disembarkation and those who left their bags out the night before. Trying to see if my friend can make a 9:55 a.m. flight within Europe.

Many thanks,

Peggy

Peggy;

I wanted to meet up with transportation at 08:30, so I walked off @ 08:15 NO problem. Remember it is 30 minutes to the airport, it will be close but can be done if u are the first off the ship, crew very accommodating.

cruisinbob

Archived