A Few NCL questions

MaryAnn261

1. Is there a way to tell whether a particular port is a dock or tender port?

2. Where in Roatan does NCL stop? I've read about Coxen and Mahogany Bay.

3. Can non-suite customers eat at Cagney's for breakfast or lunch on the Star by paying for it? I think it's free for suite passengers.

Thanks everyone. I'm used to cruising Carnival and am trying to learn the ropes for NCL.

Cagney's is open to suite guests only for breakfast and lunch. You can't pay to eat there. (really not that big of a deal IMO--I enjoyed the buffet!)

I have enjoyed NCL after sailing Carnival many times; still sailing both (and others!)

have fun!

3. Can non-suite customers eat at Cagney's for breakfast or lunch on the Star by paying for it? I think it's free for suite passengers.

Thanks everyone. I'm used to cruising Carnival and am trying to learn the ropes for NCL.

1 - This will be indicated on your eDocs that you will be required to print out and take to the port with you.

2 - NCL has used both. It is almost impossible to tell for sure where a specific cruise will dock...however, don't worry about meeting up with the tour guide. The locals depend on tourism to make their living, and they WILL KNOW exactly which dock you will be at.

3 - Cagney's breakfast/lunch is one of the many amenities that the guests in the category "S" suites have paid for. It is not open to those who are not booked and paid for this amenity.

Hi MaryAnn,

1. The NCL website will show whether or not your cruise ship will be tendered or docked.

2. But, it pays to read the boards because as far as Roatan, our cruise on the NCL Star was shown to be tendered per the website but we indeed docked at Coxen Hole, as I had read.

3. Can't help with Cagney's

We cruised NCL for the first time and few weeks ago and enjoyed ourselves. Hope you do too!

We did this same trip on the Star in Jan and we docked at Coxen Hole. This is the NCL dock for Roatan even tho the edocs said it was a tender port.

Belize was a tender port and the process could not have been easier.

Cagney's for breakfast would not be worth the extra charge. (Just my humble opinion tho!) We rather enjoyed the dining room for Breakfast and also the Buffet as well.

Enjoy your trip! You will love the Star. I posted a review on here with some pics to get you started if you like. Just click the link in my signature to check it out

Archived