fun for a 7 year old on the Mexican Riviera

marl164

I could really use some advice as to what shore excursions to book. My family is sailing to the Mexican Riviera on Carnival Pride this November. My son is 7 and I am noticing that he can't participate in a few of the excursions. :rolleyes: Can anyone offer some advice as to where is the best place to spend your money so that he has a great time on this cruise too? :D

Thanks!

Hi, we are going on the Visions of the Sea in less than two weeks. I have a 7 year old son and an almost 4 year old daughter. Here is what we have planned:

cabo- probably going try to get a glass bottom boat tour when we reach Cabo (not through the ship as trying to save some $ for other things). And maybe take a taxi to the Office or Georgios (not sure of spelling)

matzalan- Randi's Happy Horses (both my kids get to ride their own horse and can't wait).

PV- we are walking over to the Krystal resort for part of the day to swim in their many pools. (Moms are having 70 minute massages for $35 a piece at the resort).

Pam:)

Both PV and Maz have water parks that my kids have gone to. They are very inexpensive and alot of fun. PV has the best. It is called Splash and is a short cab ride from the ship. Maz is called MazAgua. It is also a short cab ride. About $8.00 to get in. We were there last summer, we all had a great time.

Sailed on Pride last August with our grandkids, 7, 9, 11, & 15. In Mazatlan we went with Randi's Happy Horses and they were Happy Kids. They had a ball and we made a new friend. In PV we went to Paradise Beach Resort through the ship and the kids loved the pool, water slide, and the beach. Cabo was cancelled due to bad weather - Papa and I have been there before but just walked through town, don't know what would appeal to kids there. The Pride is a beautiful ship and your kids will love it. Ours didn't want to get off - said it was better than Disneyland!!!

For Mazatlan - I always suggest Randi's Happy Horses. Kids will love it. We didn't have DD with us for that trip, but we have promised her that we will take her on the ride the next time we return to Mazatlan. Our ride with Randi still remains the highlight of our trip!

Hay there Suzie, Randi and Sharon and I are good friends and she asked me to send you a big Mazatlan Hola.:)

Hope the next time we can be on the same cruise.

Till then have as great a time cruiseing as we do.

Buck and Sharon Gilbert and kids

Hi there!!!! - Thanks for the message!! I just popped an email over to her last night because I was thinking of her. Woke up this morning to a nice long email from her. Randi is truly the most kind & geniune person I have ever met!!

I gave her the news that I would not be on the Oosterdam next spring as expected... BUT, many of my friends will and I will get her all booked up for that day! hee hee However, as soon as I book our next trip down there, she will be the first person I email!!!

YA know that one of those friends might just be able to smuggle a t shirt or two back to the states for you. Just let them know the sizes and I'll bet dollard to donuts it can be done.

Just a thought from us.

Buck and Sharon Gilbert

Hey Gilberts!!! :) I am going to work a deal with Dobie for October! yeah!!! I will be sure to email Randi and make sure she has the ones that I need at the time!!!! Woo Hoo!!! No donuts! I am officially on my Hawaii diet! ;) I followed her trip to Hawaii as she just took the trip that we are doing... and now I find her over here! How awesome is that?

Thanks everyone for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Question though.....how do I find Randi's Happy Horses in order to book a time with them? I can't find them on the web and when I go through the Carnival website they tell me that my son is too young to ride horses. the minimum age is 12.

Also, I am looking into booking the swim with the dolphins. Is it best to go through the Carnival Cruise line or can I book it directly with a place myself? I found a dolphin swim school but I am hesitant to book it for fear it is the wrong one or something like that.

Thanks again,

Aimee :)

Thought I would mention that kids as young as 3 or 4 can ride their own horse. We are going next week and Randi said that my almost 4 year old daughter can ride by herself or with one of us. My kids are so excited!:)

You can find Randi at: www.randishappyhorses.com

Or email her at: randi@randishappyhorses.com

She is the best!!! You will NOT be disappointed.

And I can't post and not tell you to make sure you get some of Chris' onion rings when you are at Victor's. The garlic shrimp & onion rings are sooooooooo good!!!

Thanks for the info. I emailed her and the very next day I had a reply and a booking already. Very easy and extremely friendly. :D

My 13 DS and I did the Dolphin Swim in PV when we were on the Pride last summer. I think you can only book it thru the ship. There was a boy about 7 in our group and he did just fine. The dolphon swim is a bit expensive but worth every penny!

We also rode with Randi and had a GREAT time!

Elise

Archived