valuables while snorkeling

cdslmom

i am sgoing snorkeling in rotan and need to know is it safe to take valuables (passport) with you when you go? are there lockers on board? what do you do with your stuff?

but what do you do with your stuff while you are snorkeling??

We left our passports on board the ship in the safe. We had cash & credit cards in a waterproof pouch (mine around my neck & tucked into my swimsuit, and DH's in a zipped up pocket in his swim trunks). The only thing we left on the beach was DH's shirt & a picture we had purchased there.

Always a good thing to leave all valuables back on the ship locked up in the safe.

We only carry the amount of cash needed for what we are doing, a "copy" of our passports and ID's...just in case, a cc and our ship ID, and just bathing suits, towels needed for snorkeling. We have a waterproof bag that goes around my waist while snorkeling to keep our stuff in. Never take something that isn't replaceable. :)

There is a watertight box that you can store your camera, cell phone, money or whatever in. You can take it with you when you go into the water so you don't have to leave your valuables on shore and worry about them being stolen. It is 6 1/2 inches long, 5 inches wide and 3 inches tall. It has a small strap with a ring on the end so you can attach it to a beltloop or string around your wrist while snorkeling or just playing in the water. I found it a Walmart, it was a little over $6 so I say it will be WELL worth it! Also it will keep sand off everything if your at the beach. :D

So if you have a DL, CC, ship pass and cash. What does it matter if they get wet? Wet money is clean money. The other items are plastic.

Leave the phone in cabin until you get back to home port. You are on vacation and the people you are calling are not. Don't rub it in. Besides they need to be home working all week and have a busy life.

I leave camera on shore either in a bag or wrapped in a towel/shirt. You just need to set up camp where there are others around. And trust. Of course I am not happy with my camera ($-) so would be pissed off for the moment than move on. I try to download pics every 1-2 days so they are safe.

John:):):)

Archived