Infinity - Sky Suite... 6131/6131...6145/6146

Tom-n-Cheryl

This is 6132 on the Summit last June. Balcony is not private but big. It was a great cabin.

232323232%7Ffp53394%3Enu%3D47%3C7%3E549%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D3665959698325nu0mrj

Yep - that first photo of the public balcony is a big turnoff. Heck they should just open up all the dividers!

Thanks for the pics though. :)

Tom

Hi Postnobills,

thank you for your honest and detailed review of those elements. We will be in 6146 in May, and it will be our first time in a sky suite. Do you have any tips for future cruisers in 6146? Any things you wish you would have known about the butler, balcony, in-suite meals, etc...would be greatly appreciated.

Also, were you able to eat in Blue, SS, or QSine for free? Thank you very much!

We stayed in Sky Suite 6145 on Summit during the week of Feb 18/12. One of the things that caught us a little off guard was the European style plug in the large bathroom. All that room and no place to plug in our North American oriented hair dryer and curling iron. We styled our hair in the main living area. Not sure if Infinity has a similar issue, but if you do not have a conversion kit with you, be prepared to share electrical time.

So glad to see those pics of the balcony for 6132, as we have 6131 on the Summit in two weeks. Purposely picked that room knowing it had a larger balcony and we spend a lot of time enjoying our balcony. Not too worried that it isn't totally private, don't plan on doing anything out there that I don't want anyone else to see, if they are looking. LOL. Looks great for having a few guests in for drinks.

We stayed in Sky Suite 6145 on Summit during the week of Feb 18/12. One of the things that caught us a little off guard was the European style plug in the large bathroom. All that room and no place to plug in our North American oriented hair dryer and curling iron. We styled our hair in the main living area. Not sure if Infinity has a similar issue, but if you do not have a conversion kit with you, be prepared to share electrical time.

Hi Schmoe,

Do you know what was upgraded in 6145. We booked it again for January 2013 and would be interested to know what Was changed. Any photos?

Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up Schmoe!

I better learn the difference between adapters and converters...darn dual voltage! :eek:

Is the hair dryer that's mounted on the bathroom wall any good?

Thank you for the pics of 6131/6132 ozark74!!! I was wondering if we could have breakfast or lunch for four on the balcony, since we have our inlaws in the next cabin. Do you know if the divider between that and the next sky suite can be opened?:) Thanks again

I better learn the difference between adapters and converters...darn dual voltage! :eek:

There wasn't one mounted on the wall. There was a handheld hairdryer under the counter. We didn't use it because we had packed our own. I had read previous reports of these hair dryers being quite weak with the airflow especially if one has longer hair. It worked just fine. I would still pack your own hair dryer just in case.

Can you let me know when the conversion/adapter course is scheduled? I probably need to go as well. I think I should have said adapter.

Hi Schmoe,

Do you know what was upgraded in 6145. We booked it again for January 2013 and would be interested to know what Was changed. Any photos?

Thanks!

Hi Sandi

Your previous postings and pictures were a great help when we decided to book 6145 this past cruise. Thank you for that.

The suite has new carpet and new furniture throughout. The woodwork trim does not appear to have been touched, although it really did not need to be re-done, it looked great. In one of your previous postings, you mentioned the automatic mechanism on the drapes and shade gave you a little grief at times. It gave my wife a little trouble at times as well. Every time I tried the mechanism, it worked just fine (probably just luck). I don't think there was much, if anything, done in the bathroom. Frankly if it was left untouched, it was because it didn't need anything. There will always be differing opinions on what should have been done or what needs to be done, but we were absolutely thrilled with this suite. There was new artwork throughout (a paper and plastic theme that I could have done quite easily in art class). Wish I had thought of it. The balcony is totally covered so if you are looking for sun, it will be either earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon. I suspect that is not a change from your prior sailing. There were 4 chairs and an "eating friendly" table on the balcony. It does not appear as if these chairs were updated. They were brown upright chairs and we noticed other staterooms around us had a different style of chair that appeared to be newer. The seating arrangement was just fine with us, though. We did take some pictures. I will need to talk to my son or daughter to help get these posted. We will try our best to get this done. Technology is not my strong point. The pictures were not taken with a high end camera, so hopefully 2 things will happen.....we will get them posted and they will be somewhat presentable.

Hope this helps

Randy

Hi Sandi

Your previous postings and pictures were a great help when we decided to book 6145 this past cruise. Thank you for that.

The suite has new carpet and new furniture throughout. The woodwork trim does not appear to have been touched, although it really did not need to be re-done, it looked great. In one of your previous postings, you mentioned the automatic mechanism on the drapes and shade gave you a little grief at times. It gave my wife a little trouble at times as well. Every time I tried the mechanism, it worked just fine (probably just luck). I don't think there was much, if anything, done in the bathroom. Frankly if it was left untouched, it was because it didn't need anything. There will always be differing opinions on what should have been done or what needs to be done, but we were absolutely thrilled with this suite. There was new artwork throughout (a paper and plastic theme that I could have done quite easily in art class). Wish I had thought of it. The balcony is totally covered so if you are looking for sun, it will be either earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon. I suspect that is not a change from your prior sailing. There were 4 chairs and an "eating friendly" table on the balcony. It does not appear as if these chairs were updated. They were brown upright chairs and we noticed other staterooms around us had a different style of chair that appeared to be newer. The seating arrangement was just fine with us, though. We did take some pictures. I will need to talk to my son or daughter to help get these posted. We will try our best to get this done. Technology is not my strong point. The pictures were not taken with a high end camera, so hopefully 2 things will happen.....we will get them posted and they will be somewhat presentable.

Hope this helps

Randy

Thanks Randy. I agree that the suite was in pretty good shape. Did you have loungers on the balcony also.mI liked the fact that it was shaded as it is not pleasant to eat in the hot sun IMO.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Thanks Randy. I agree that the suite was in pretty good shape. Did you have loungers on the balcony also.mI liked the fact that it was shaded as it is not pleasant to eat in the hot sun IMO.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Sandi

No loungers, just the 4 upright chairs. I suppose we could have requested some, but I just used 2 of the chairs for my lounger when the sun was shining on the balcony.

Randy

Archived