Alaska (Infinity) - port or starboard preference?

Tom-n-Cheryl

The title pretty much sums it up.

Looking at the Infinity for an Alaskan cruise and wondering if the round trip 7-night sailing would be "better" (viewing) from a port or starboard balcony?

i-fPwfCVM-XL.gif

i-QgTVppW-L.jpg

THANKS,

Tom

On our last cruise on the Infinity to Alaska when the ship is docked it is the STARBORD side that is docked to the pier(facing town). I like standing on the balcony and watching all the things going on below on the pier..

On our last cruise on the Infinity to Alaska when the ship is docked it is the STARBORD side that is docked to the pier(facing town). I like standing on the balcony and watching all the things going on below on the pier..

That is usually interesting to us as well. I just don't know if the "between ports" routes differ that much. My guess is that the sea days (day 2 and 6) are pretty much equivalent.

Tom

We prefer Starboard because when we leave Seattle and head up through Puget Sound we recognize many of the landmarks as we go so we love looking at them (rather than the Olympic Peninsula which is also gorgeous). And as another poster said, starboard is usually facing the ports when it's "parked" (docked is probably the nautical term?) so we find that more interesting. Also when we were in the glacier a few years ago, it went up and then turned so starboard could see (apparently it was supposed to do a full circle but the ice was too thick) so we felt really blessed to be on starboard. BUT I'm sure you can't go wrong either way.

Archived