Concordia customers suing for all of this money, be happy your alive!!!

LittleMiss

No....the money pays yours bills when those nightmares make you miss work and need therapy. I really find it amusing how many posters dont grasp this concept

I grasp it far more than you probably know. Believe me.

If every passenger sued (3000 or more) for one million and everyone won thier suit,,,would that not be the end of CCL? Get ready to $10000 fares on 4 night cruises.

Actually the third-party personal injury liability insurance carries a deductible of of $10 million for this incident; Carnival is only responsible for the first $10M to the passengers - everything beyond this is covered by the insurance companies.

By the reasoning of some people here, those that died should get nothing. After all - they will never need their clothes or their passports again. And no doctor bills. And if they were retired, as at least one couple was, no earning potential. And no post traumatic anxiety. So why should their families be awarded any money. And if the bodies weren't found- not even any shipping costs. And giving the family money sure isn't going to bring anyone back.

I don't happen to agree with this line of reasoning but just saying.

I completely disagree. Those that lost their life or had a family member lost absolutely should get a big settlement. My argument is only for those who lost personal belongings and otherwise walked away. They are the ones getting 15K pp, a complete refund of their cruise, and expenses home. That is plenty.

If I was on that ship, got off, unharmed, not injured, received compensation for my passport or money ( dont care for the clothes) plus $14,500 I would be fine with that. Was it terrifying for people? Sure! However is money going to erase what happened? Is money going to stop nightmares? NO!!! It becomes greed at that point

I think these types of comments are a little ridiculous. You can sit here all day long and say you would be happy with the initial offer but until you are in that situation you don't know how you would feel. I don't care what anyone says until it happens to you, you don't know what your reaction would be. But i do love how judgemental people are by calling people greedy when we dont know what they experienced.

I don't know if the 14k is fair. Its not up to me to decide. That's why we have a court system.

If every passenger sued (3000 or more) for one million and everyone won thier suit,,,would that not be the end of CCL? Get ready to $10000 fares on 4 night cruises.

I don't believe that will happen to a company as large as carnival. However if a company goes out of business due to their negligence where people lost their lives, I feel no sympathy for them.

I grasp it far more than you probably know. Believe me.

Did you need therapy...did you get it..who paid..you or whoever caused your ptsd?....i guess you may still not be over it....or maybe you are.........but since you understand it.....then you know these pax may have long range issues..and may need financial awards to allow them to survive..provide...and adjust....just sayin

I completely disagree. Those that lost their life or had a family member lost absolutely should get a big settlement. My argument is only for those who lost personal belongings and otherwise walked away. They are the ones getting 15K pp, a complete refund of their cruise, and expenses home. That is plenty.

That is plenty??? In your opinion.

As outlined on CNN, the smallest proposed initial settlement in the past 30 years for a major transportation disaster in Europe or the U.S. 'is plenty' ???

I expect that most of the passengers and their lawyers will disagree.

Costa/Carnival Corp. would be much better off in offering a settlement in the $25K range and getting this behind them in my opinion.

Of couse...but in her case she would have 3rd ddegree burns on her lips and tongue then.........because mcd served coffe that should not have been that hot. Truth is they had the coffee machines set too high and theey were found to be negligent...she didnt make the coffee...they did...and they didnt make it properly..and it caused injury to their customer.,....what if there was a fingernail in the chix nuggets....is a customer supposed to examine for that?

I don't know how you sip, .... but I would not have 3rd degree burns on my lips and tongue.

"fingernail in the c. nuggets" - no a custmer shouldn't have to exam for that. Unlike coffee, that's supposed to be hot, c. nuggets are not supposed to contain a fingernail.

Not quite from what has been reported. He (captain) was on the phone with Corporate during the period between impact with the rocks and the order to abandon ship. That is why there are others besides those on ship being officially/legally investigated.

I gotcha

What about when ptsd kicks in 6 months from know and they cant function normally?

It's that period that I have a problem with. Costa/CCL should not be able to get away with hanging the captain out to dry (not that he doesn't deserve jail mind you), paying a fine, and going on with business as usual. Not in a case like this. And if I think Costa/CCL should pay big bucks to get their attention, I can think of no one who deserves those bucks more than the poor people who had to experience the tragedy!

Well remember it will never be business as usual they have a ship floating capsized in the Ocean they were paying from the door

I don't know how you sip, .... but I would not have 3rd degree burns on my lips and tongue.

"fingernail in the c. nuggets" - no a custmer shouldn't have to exam for that. Unlike coffee, that's supposed to be hot, c. nuggets are not supposed to contain a fingernail.

You are 100% correct..coffee is supposed to be hot...not scalding............thanks for agreeing with me and the court system...as it was proven that mcd did not serve hot coffee....they served scalding coffee that caused 3 rd

Degree burns.

degree burns.

Did you need therapy...did you get it..who paid..you or whoever caused your ptsd?....i guess you may still not be over it....or maybe you are.........but since you understand it.....then you know these pax may have long range issues..and may need financial awards to allow them to survive..provide...and adjust....just sayin

Yes, I get the long range issues. However, if you know anything about PTSD recovery, you know that, with intensive therapy and the desire to move on from the incident(s), recovery IS possible. I am not going to elaborate details here, but I can assure you, the events that caused my PTSD are far worse than the events that the people who walked away from the Concordia went through. Use your imagination and try to fathom what could be the worst thing that could happen to a young female child from approximately 3 months to 6 years of age and perhaps you'll get some idea. Sorry. Don't see these people deserving anything greater than what they are getting (again, those that walked away with only loss of personal property).

Ok so their belongings, but millions? Every day we work and risk our lives just going out of our front doors, sure it was gross negligence, but he is paying for that and so is the corporation. Compensate for what was lost.... Why all the other stuff? I still don't get it, but maybe it's just me...

The Captain was grandstanding and being very unsafe.

I'm not one that is sue happy but keeping an unsafe captain that is known for grandstanding is nelegent and they should be sued.

Maybe they lived, but others lost their lives needlessly because a huge ego on a stupid little man.

I am sure if they lose enough money on this man they will be much more careful on their captains in the future!!!

IMO they deserve more compensation!!

Carole

The lawyer in you would have went to all those victims wakes and sent a floral arrangement with your business card attached to it.

(SEEN IT DONE WITH MY OWN EYES)

How can you have any kind of Psychological training and discount pain and suffering? . "Oh what more do they want they are getting a free cruise and counseling. Like that is the end all be all.

There are 50 yr old people who lay on a couch week after week for YEARS for $250 a throw (and not just in Woody Allen movies) because Mama never hugged them, or Daddy never called them "princess". God knows what the people who lived thriough the Concordia saw and went through.

My training has nothing to do with my opinion that I, just like yourself, is entitled to. I Should have never responded to the question of my professional background because apparently some of you believe that I should think one way or another because of this. This thread was not entitled "trash the thread starter" it was simply giving my opinion and some of you instead of stating yours decided to condemn me and for what? My freedom of speech? Really?

Mine didn't kick in for 35 years. Put the money in the bank because you have some idea that PTSD is coming.

Yes..the proceeds from the lawsuit..not your own money. Your own money goes into the retirement fund. No victim of ptsd should have fo fund their own therapy..espe ially when someone else..who can afford to pay caused the problem. Btw if a company doesnt provide safe working environment and you are attacked on their property ...they are responsible....heck if i dont fix my loose front step and you fall are paralyzed and cant provide....i am responsible...and insurance companies know that...and that is why they charge me homeowners liability premiums,..again...i am amazed by some peoples idea of what constitutes excessive litigation

Archived