Just Back! Navigator of the Seas Review, 2/26 3/3/12 6 Night Western Caribbean, with

Thanks for the great Labadee photos. We have W-3 for our Oasis cruise in April and I'm so excited. Looks like the weather was great for you. Thanks again for the great review!!!

You're welcome. W3...I believe that's the one we were connected to! It's beautiful, you'll love it, view is spectacular. If that's the one, there are several pics in my review of it...one specifically of the white Royal Caribbean towel draped over the railing.

Thanks for the review, my husband and I were on the same sailing and had a great time too! Alittle depressed getting back to reality:( We loved Jamaica, I did a lot of research prior to our sailing and we arranged for a day pass to Sandals San Souci resort. Had a great time, not crowded at all, which was a nice break from all the crowds of the ship and other ports. I would highly recommend it. We got the taxi from the pier, which was pricey $40 pp round trip, but a wonderful driver named Walter who also picked us up at 3pm which is what we asked him. Worth the safety of not dealing with haggling downtown

it is very hard getting back to reality. I'm not a fan of reality...ha ha ha!!

Your day in Jamaica sounds great. I wanted to do another beach day as well, but the parents weren't going for it. How was the beach/water?

Great Review, we just did the exact same Navigator itinerary Feb.12-18

and we also rented a cabana in Labadee. we loved the ship and everything about this cruise, i'll be repeating it again soon.:D

HI Stacy, great review. We are going on the same cruise in a month, im interested in the cabanas. I take it that this is not something you get on the excursion page or am i mistaken. And if you dont mind me asking how much was it.

HI Stacy, great review. We are going on the same cruise in a month, im interested in the cabanas. I take it that this is not something you get on the excursion page or am i mistaken. And if you dont mind me asking how much was it.

Hi! Well, you can book a Cabana on Nellie's Beach, which is to the right of Barefoot Beach (where we were) if you're looking at the front of the cabanas, ahead of time on rccl.com. The over the water Cabanas are $200. I don't think the one's on Nellie's are *as* nice, but I'm sure theyre still nice. I didn't get over to Nellie's like I wanted to, to take pics, unfortunately.

Are you in a suite or a Diamond-Plus member? If so, you can book one at Nellie's, then once you get on the ship, request to move to one on Barefoot if there's something available. That's what we did. Worst-case scenario, you're in one on Nellie's.

Thanks Stacy, We are just diamond members and in a balcony so I guess that leaves Barefoot out. Oh well I guess I will just have to go on more cruises lol. Thanks for your quick reply.

Thanks Stacy, We are just diamond members and in a balcony so I guess that leaves Barefoot out. Oh well I guess I will just have to go on more cruises lol. Thanks for your quick reply.

More cruises is a good thing, lol! You never know though, I'd still ask when you get onboard just in case there's something available. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Stacy,

Great review of the Navigator. I am glad that you liked the larger Voyager Class. I hope that someday that you can enjoy a Freedom Class.

I was on the Navigator this past December going Western as well. Great photos. In Ocho Rios I always enjoyed going to Mystic Mountain where I did the Bobsleds in December. Also great view and a pool with a slide as well. I did post a review of the Navigator as well which can found in the signature. I also visited Ocho Rios in January as well on my Carnival Destiny Cruise and agree that they can be pushy. I just said "NO" and walked like I had a purpose and tried my hardest not to look like a tourist.

Hi

Great review - we're sailing Navigator on the 16th March.

Can I ask if you noticed the "beer cooler promotion" - the thread about it from 2011 has been resurected on here recently and someone that was on Navigator early February 2012 said it was available but only for the first 3 days - it's a blue RCCL bag and you get the bag and the 8 beers for a set amount?

Also, when you mention your Cabana and the transport to the beach, how did you arrange this? We are in a Grand Suite and someone has said that we will be able to get transport to the beach (although I believe it is very walkable), I am just curious as to how all this works.

many thanks

They use an extended golf cart to transport people to and from barefoot beach. I'm sure Karen, the concierge will give instructions as to where and when to meet for the ride. The carts are running frequently throughout the day, so don't worry if you miss it. Which cabana did you reserve?

It certainly is walkable, but a nice service as well.

Stacy,

Great review of the Navigator. I am glad that you liked the larger Voyager Class. I hope that someday that you can enjoy a Freedom Class.

I was on the Navigator this past December going Western as well. Great photos. In Ocho Rios I always enjoyed going to Mystic Mountain where I did the Bobsleds in December. Also great view and a pool with a slide as well. I did post a review of the Navigator as well which can found in the signature. I also visited Ocho Rios in January as well on my Carnival Destiny Cruise and agree that they can be pushy. I just said "NO" and walked like I had a purpose and tried my hardest not to look like a tourist.

Hi Robert,

I just finished reading your Navigator review, thanks for letting me know about it! Made me nostalgic already.

I see you live in Florida? Do you need a roommate?! Ha Ha!

Thanks for the great review. I picked up that you flew out of Akron/Canton. I was raised in northern Ohio and have flew out of there many times. We will be embarking on NOS in a week. My 2 previous cruises have been on MOS and have no complaints. Looking forward to the larger ship.

Enjoyed the review. I was on Navigator in January & your pics/review made me wish I was on her right now!

Smooth sailings.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. What ports did you sail to?

I did Cozumel (2nd visit), Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee (all for 1st time).

Had a great time the whole trip. Did Stingray City by waverunner in Grand Cayman & it was all I hoped for and more. I think it was the highlight; one of my 'bucket list' items.

Great job Stacy. I also saw your family on the web cam. I will be on the Navigator the 16th for a 9 day cruise. I made arrangements to get a banner from the guy that runs the web cam and my wife is in the process of making a banner to say Hi! to our grand kids. When I spoke to the web cam guy, I told him we would be under the life boats. He said he would do his best to find us and zoom in with the camera. I hope he does.

I do have a question for you. I was wondering what entertainers performed in the coral theater?

Thanks ,

Jerry

ps. I agee with you about Jamaica. I've been on 11 cruises and it's the only port that was fenced in that I can recall.

For the Grand Cayman Beach Suites, even though you didn't go there this time, in the past, did you buy a pass through RCI? Another company? or did you just take a taxi there?

We are sailing on the NOS and would be interested in going there for the day.

BTW, Great review!! Fun reading it and seeing the pics.

Archived