Just Back! Navigator of the Seas Review, 2/26 3/3/12 6 Night Western Caribbean, with

I searched on this issue and looks like someone posted the answer last year:

"Because so many people quoted her picture posts, the pictures load more and more. Plus, there are lots of pictures on this review. Photobucket will shut down the links if there is too much traffic coming their way. They mainly do this because of people that abuse the priviledge of their free service. This isn't an abuse, but it's hard for them to tell the difference.

The ability to see the pictures should come back, but it could happen again as people continue to quote the pictures."

Hopefully the pics come back soon...I'll keep checking.

Nothing booked yet, but hopefully next year again! I'd like to do this exact cruise/ship again (and over and over, ha!) but I see the NAV is moving to NOLA. I really enjoy leaving from FLL but don't want to go bigger than Voyager-Class. We did this same run (plus COZ) many times on the Majesty from Miami back in the day. I never get sick of Cayman & Labadee. Love the beaches.

Me neither, and I love the majesty and smaller ships too.

• 2 weeks later...
600.jpg

603.jpg

Food/Drinks:

As always, the food is subjective, but we thought it was all excellent. I'm a vegetarian and always had plenty to eat. I started off the cruise complaining about the lack of quality desserts, but by the end I was more than pleased. I know they've cut back in that area significantly over the years, but the Navigator's selection was really very good. I did miss the Key Lime Pie--the NAV didn't have it, at least in the WJ. After my initial disappointment in mainly cookies and gelatin-based desserts, the selection got better with different types of cakes and pies throughout the week. I'm speaking Windjammer only.

Each day for lunch in the WJ, they had pizza, burgers, hot dogs and french fries, different types of little sandwiches and wraps, all in addition to the other hot items--fish, meats, potatoes, vegetables, etc. Just a great assortment, and everything was always fresh and hot. One of the best Windjammers I've experienced. There is also a JADE section, as you walk in, with Asian dishes and sushi, etc. The selection varies from lunch and dinner, but if you can't find something in here to eat--you are hard to please.

Johnny Rockets--Deck 12--we thought was very good. Service was a little slow, but nothing too bad. There is a $4.95 PP charge here

Room Service--nice selection, quick, friendly, and fresh and hot. If anyone would like the Room Service menu, let me know--I have it!

Cafe Promenade--Deck 5--I basically only tried pizza, a coconut ranger cookie, and a cinnamon crumb cake, and it was all really good. My mom tried the sandwiches and really liked them as well.

547.jpg

Drinks:

All excellent, and I had several. My favorites were the Blue Hawaiian (frozen), the Papaya Lava Flow, and the Mango Daiquiri. Banana Daiquiri was excellent as well.

Crew:

The Navigator hosts one of the best Crews at sea, in my opinion. Every single person we met was polite, friendly, professional, and helpful. This crew was really impressive, and reminded us of the old days on the Majesty--we felt they had the best crew then. It's quite obvious that his is a very well-run and organized ship. Every single crew member seemed happy to help with anything you needed.

The Cruise Director was Warren Allen. We never really have opinions on the CD, doesn't really affect our cruise one way or the other, but just wanted to say that Warren really seemed like a nice guy.

Entertainment:

We basically like the Live Music, so we spent most of our time listening to the Caribbean Band Rhythm Explosion and the Latin Band, Latin Express. We saw the Ice Show one evening and it was EXCELLENT. One of the coolest things I've seen at sea. Really an enjoyable show.

374.jpg

370.jpg

Debarkation:

Our flight wasn't until 1:00 p.m., so we sort of took our time getting off the ship. I'm not a breakfast person so I slept in a little, and we got off around 9:00. We chose to do the luggage valet for $20 PP, so RCI took care of the luggage and we didn't see it until our final destination. Well worth the $20, if you pack heavy, like we do. Debarkation was relatively easy and we were through customs and in a taxi by 10:00 a.m.

108.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Basically, I loved the Navigator. Besides the slight delay with embarkation, everything was really smooth--tendering in Cayman, we walked right down and onto a tender, & Labadee and Ocho were very easy as well, walked right off. We had some problems with the elevators the first couple days--they were always full and it drove us crazy, but that's about it as far as complaints go. The Royal Promenade was neat, though honestly, I could take it or leave it while sailing the Caribbean. I did like sitting at the pub on the last night listening to Rhythm Explosion play.

The ship was absolutely stunning. Beautifully, tastefully decorated, easy to navigate, lots to do, etc. The Sports Court was neat and hopping mostly anytime I went up there. Full-Court basketball and volleyball, mini golf, roller-blading track, rock-climbing wall, etc., were all in full use.

I'll close with some random pictures--if anyone has any questions, please ask, I'd be happy to answer them. I also have the Compasses available if anyone would like to see them. Thanks again for reading!

I really enjoyed your review. I was just looking to book the navigator so your timing was perfect to tell me about it. My only disappointment is I tried to look at your pictures and it said there was too much bandwidth and it would not let me open them. I am glad you had a great time. thanks for your review.

I really enjoyed your review. I was just looking to book the navigator so your timing was perfect to tell me about it. My only disappointment is I tried to look at your pictures and it said there was too much bandwidth and it would not let me open them. I am glad you had a great time. thanks for your review.

Thanks so much. It's really too bad you can't see the pics, I have no idea why, and I can't figure out a way to fix it! Sorry about that.

• 4 weeks later...
Glad you got to see them :)

Have loved reading everything! We are on Allure in August (did Oasis last summer). Question... we are going to Cozumel, have you done the Royal Swim with theh Dolphins and if so did you reserve on your own thru Dolphin Discoveries or thru the ship? It is myself (45) and my three sons (12, 14, 16). I think the ferry/drive to Tulum is too much travel...

Any advice would be great! Thanks - susan

Wow Stacy, I loved your review ! The pics were great. . .I loved them !

The Itinerary seems like one that I would like, and I would love to sail Navigator of the Seas one day.

thanks again for posting, and I really loved your photos !

Radio

;);)

Have loved reading everything! We are on Allure in August (did Oasis last summer). Question... we are going to Cozumel, have you done the Royal Swim with theh Dolphins and if so did you reserve on your own thru Dolphin Discoveries or thru the ship? It is myself (45) and my three sons (12, 14, 16). I think the ferry/drive to Tulum is too much travel...

Any advice would be great! Thanks - susan

Hi, I have not done the Royal Swim in Cozumel...swam w/ the dolphins in Nassau, but not COZ. Sorry. We always go to Nachi Cocom while in Cozumel.

Have a great cruise!

Wow Stacy, I loved your review ! The pics were great. . .I loved them !

The Itinerary seems like one that I would like, and I would love to sail Navigator of the Seas one day.

thanks again for posting, and I really loved your photos !

Radio

;);)

Radio, thanks so much, really appreciate the nice words. You would love the Navigator, she's a great ship.

I would do that itinerary over and over again, minus Ocho Rios. I'd like a Key West stop in there, or...even Falmouth! Have never been to Falmouth.

I hope we get to cross paths someday onboard, would love to meet you and buy you a drink! Enjoy your cruise on the Enchantment, one of my favorites!

I searched on this issue and looks like someone posted the answer last year:

"Because so many people quoted her picture posts, the pictures load more and more. Plus, there are lots of pictures on this review. Photobucket will shut down the links if there is too much traffic coming their way. They mainly do this because of people that abuse the priviledge of their free service. This isn't an abuse, but it's hard for them to tell the difference.

The ability to see the pictures should come back, but it could happen again as people continue to quote the pictures."

Hopefully the pics come back soon...I'll keep checking.

This is a good point, so many people on this forum can't, or are too lazy to find the reply button because the QUOTE button is on every post. Its somewhat annoying when someone quotes a message with 6 hi res photos and then just adds, "thanks". Its probably really annoying for those with slow internet.

pictures seem to be back again.

Archived