Which ship is closet to Freedom class RCL?

mrs.cog

We would like to try celebrity. Have said RCL freedom class. Could someone suggest a ship for us. We have two teenage sons that will be sailing with us and we enjoy the caribbean islands. Thanks in advance for you guidance and suggestions!

I don't think that you will find a ship close to the Freedom class. While the Solstice class ships are the newest they don't have rock climbing walls and flow riders. Royal is very family oriented whereas Celebrity is more adult orientated, not that your teens won't have a good time but I feel Royal has more to offer their age group. Only you and your kids will know what is truly important to have on the ship. Celebrity and Royal are both wonderful cruise lines but the Freedom class like the Oasis class are truly in a league of their own.

HAL doesn't have ships like the Freedom class. The product that HAL offers is like night and day to RC. That said we have sailed on both and like both but if you and your family (teenagers) like RC I would do lots of studying before I booked HAL.

I agree with the others. Celebrity does not have ships like RCCL...and most of us like it that way. When my son was young we always went on RCCL. He loved the rock wall, water slides etc. But now we prefer a quieter environment for our vacation.

On board activities on the RCCl ships give the teens more options. Careful choices for shore excursions makes the two lines about equal. A cruise with one sea day and you could do either line but with RCCL the ship is the destination so teens would most likely be more entertained on RCCL. Overall X seems just a little bit slower, and quieter. than RCCL.

We would like to try celebrity. Have said RCL freedom class. Could someone suggest a ship for us. We have two teenage sons that will be sailing with us and we enjoy the caribbean islands. Thanks in advance for you guidance and suggestions!

I agree with the other poster in that none of them really compare to it. Our kids love all the Voyager & Freedom class on RCCL. We sailed without them on the Eclipse and love love loved it but were commenting to each other that we thought our kids would prefer the hustle/bustle of RCCL.

I agree with the previous posters as far as the Freedom class ships.....what I would say is that if you want to compare X with RCI is that the Solstice class ships remind me of the Radiance class ships (Radiance, Serenade, Brilliance) without the features previously mentioned.

The Freedom class is very different than any Celebrity product. We loved the promenade on the Indy of the Seas. You won't find that on Celebrity nor all of the other fun things to do (mini-golf, rock wall, flowrider, etc). Celebrity is quiet and more sedate. Just a totally different atmosphere. It is really just a preference as both are wonderful ships for various reasons though personally, Celebrity has better food.

HAL doesn't have ships like the Freedom class. The product that HAL offers is like night and day to RC. That said we have sailed on both and like both but if you and your family (teenagers) like RC I would do lots of studying before I booked HAL.

I believe that your response should be on the HAL board.

Yes, you are right. I have a trip comeing up on HAL and was thinking of them. Celebrity is a lot more young people friendly.

If by young, you mean people in their 40s like my DW and I, then you are right. I can only imagine what is considered a young person on HAL.:)

The largest Celebrity ships are the Solstice Class (122,000 tons); smaller and different from the Freedom Class. The Millennium Class ships of Celebrity use the same hull design as the Radiance Class ships of RCI (91,000 tons).

As others have pointed out, Royal Caribbean is more family friendly and certainly has more onboard activities for teenagers. Celebrity has a more restrictive smoking policy, better food, more formal, and older clientele. Teenagers may well enjoy Celebrity, but for more adult reasons. Off season cruises will have very few teenagers. During school breaks, both lines will have more children and more teens.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived