To me this was the height of rudness...last observation and reflection

picklebongo

At the show on my previous cruise, I would rather that the people who sat next to us leave. We were there first, in the balcony. These people came by and asked if they could sit there. Sure. 3 people sat on one side of us. A few minutes later, another lady sat on the other side. The two ladies started to talk, loudly as the performers performed. They wouldn't shut their mouth. The lady who sat with her husband couldn't move over so that she could talk to her friend. They had to yell to each other with the two of us sitting in between them. There weren't any seat left for us to move to. Half way through the show, the lady who was sitting by herself started to snore. She continued to talk when she woke up.

Although I don't like to leave half way through a show, I prefer people leave and distract me for a few seconds than for me to sit through all that. It doesn't help when the show isn't good.

On the Myer-Briggs assessment I am a full and total "feeling" person. I am always worried about hurting someone's feelings.

If my husband and I decide we have to leave a show (and it really has to be something totally not our style of entertainment) we try to sneak out using an end aisle if possible. We won't leave together. We try and make it look like we are going to bathroom.

I have stayed at shows I wanted to leave cause sooo many people were walking out I felt bad for the performers.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.

It shouldn't matter where one is sitting if one needs to leave the theatre for ANY reason.

Come to think of it, rude is coming to the theatre late, after the show has started and coming to the prime seating area, asking, "Is this seat taken? Is this seat taken?"

I have to admit that I dont really do the shows except late adult comedy and magic shows (adult magic is fantastic after seeing the childs version :D)

We always poke our heads in after late dinner and go Naaa, then head for the nearest bar:cool:

Den

Sorry, but I strongly disagree.

It shouldn't matter where one is sitting if one needs to leave the theatre for ANY reason.

Come to think of it, rude is coming to the theatre late, after the show has started and coming to the prime seating area, asking, "Is this seat taken? Is this seat taken?"

I totally agree with you regarding the example of rudeness that you cited, coming to the theatre late...

Pickle,

I agree with you in theory. It's rude to leave a relatively short show, particularly if you are in the front row. But I believe this might have been the exception.

You said this show "didn't suck". However, "a slow exodus" and "4-5 folks" leaving at a time, is sufficient evidence that the show did, in fact, suck!

Interestingly enough this is why we are all on vacation- we have choice- if you don't like it, don't stay and be miserable, if you like it- stay and enjoy it. Usually if I am really enjoying the show I don't even realize what is going on around me- seems that the exiting of the others was more interesting than the show. :rolleyes:

Archived