To me this was the height of rudness...last observation and reflection

picklebongo

Guest LoveMyBoxer
"I always get to the shows early enough to get a front row seat and I'm there for bingo too, which I never play."

You take up a front row seat during bingo and you don't even play bingo?!? ;)

In the OP's defense, he said he got there early enough to sit in the front rows, but did not! Personally, I have been to Broadway plays where we have walked out of. How is a cruise ship different?? Like others have said, if the performers don't care enough about putting on a good show, why should I wast my time staying there???

Firefly I can see one person having to leave, typically one sees those same folks return. But a slow exodus, I don't buy that many folks having an emergency at sea or having to go to the bathroom at the same time.

So what. They don't anyone an explanation as to why they are leaving. They are allowed to leave if they don't find something entertaining. Why should they waste their vacation time just because it bothers you? I don't understand why people are so concerned with what random strangers are doing.

I guess if I had a medical condition that might require me to leave during a show, I'd sit near the back. If I had a vision problem I'd sit near the front, but I wouldn't leave during the show because it wasn't top notch. Forty minutes is something that we can all endure given it's a 7 day cruise and this was the second show of the cruise.

Do you remember which show it was? I'm curious.

I just think you are upset because somebody got better seats than you and wasted them.

It must have really gnawed on you to think you could have had those front row seats if you were just a bit quicker!

But I understand fully its like pool chair hogs.

Story:)

I had a beach hut in Thailand on a small island,with the hut came its own beach chairs and umbrella which was great!

Woke up first morning and a German couple were nice and settled in on our chairs by 7am,left their stuff and went to breakfast.

This couple were in the cheaper rooms that did not come with chairs and Umbrella but they stayed there all day only leaving again for lunch but towels and books left in place.

So that night I moved the chairs set (the concrete bit nearly killed me) to outside our hut window,what do you know! woken up at 6am by them moving the stuff back to the beach in front of the hut:eek:

It became a competition in the end and one night I got up at 3 am and left all our stuff on the chairs which upset the German guy so much he called a breakfast waiter to complain,he was told these chairs are for the use of the hut guests only!

This did not deter them; in the end I had to unroll the chair cushions every night and place towels and stuff on them before we went to sleep.

Now that is "Rude" but the German couple didnt think so.

Moral.

What may be rude to you may be perfectly acceptable to others:)

Den

I am with the rest - I have never left a show before and would have no intention or inclination to do so ahead of time but if it that bad I will leave with apologizes to no one, except those I have to go in front of. If you can tell me how I can know ahead of time that it is going to be bad please let me know your magic solution. If we follow your advice there would be no one in the first 10 rows - I am not and will not stay to be polite.

I agree. If I find the show to be that bad, I am going to leave. Where I am sitting has nothing to do with going or staying. It is not rude to leave a bad show.

If the show is completly terrible im gone, i dont care if im on stage, When carnival starts paying me to go to thier shows I will then reconsider that. But unless someone continuiously coming and goin I dont think its rude, unless person goes this sucks lol. But If right after dinner ect, people may have to use restroom, several glasses of wine and water tend to go right through me, dont get me started with beer. If have to use restroom, Ill take off, use restroom, then comeback and either sit in back ect so that way not goin in front of everyone agian. But dont worry about others unless they are snoring, or making a scene ect. It would be like someone seeing you leave with half a plate left on table cos it was bad and goin where are you going? I think you forgot to eat the rest of that food. Just my 2 cents

I would get up and leave.

Its my decision to sit up front and if I feel the show is not worthy enough to sit thru in its entirety, 40 minutes or not, I would not suffer thru it. I have no idea whether or not it will be good or bad so I will sit where I wish.

Then again, I do have a pretty high pain tolerance, so it does take a lot for me to do something like that.

Pardon me but I am hardly a part of the me generation. And I do know what proper manners are. But if a show is that bad it deserves to be walked out on. I would not do this lightly. But neither would I allow myself to be imprisoned if it fact it is that bad. I will admit to generally taking seats upstairs and near an exit since I do not have a very high tolerance for poor productions and position my self so that I do not feel constrained to stay. I quietly slip out unnoticed.

5waldos this is exactly what I am advocating, at least sit in the balcony or the back and "quietly" slip out if a show or act isn't to ones liking.

If the show was the worst you have ever seen then I'm sure the entertainers are used to people leaving. It may be rude to you. But I'm not staying if it's bad. I would rather be in the bar watching people.

I almost had to leave a comedy show because I was feeling so ill. Once I sat down and the lights dimmed.. whoa.. I could really feel the ship rock and I already had a headache. If I am feeling that sick it's more considerate for my husband and I to leave than to stay and give my own performance ;) :hurl:

Obviously this is a unique circumstance, as I stated previously, 4-5 folks were leaving at a time.

HEY - OP! You gave your opinion, as you stated in the initial post:

So, I have to ask, why are you arguing with the other posters who are giving THEIR opinion?

In MY opinion, THAT is rude.

My goodness, am I coming across as argumentative? I know some people here find it really irritating when somebody starts a thread and don't come back to respond or give feedback. I am just commenting on postings in thread I started. Sorry if it comes across as arguing.

"I always get to the shows early enough to get a front row seat and I'm there for bingo too, which I never play."

You take up a front row seat during bingo and you don't even play bingo?!? ;)

I get there early, but I never sit in the front row, sorry if I was unclear.

5waldos this is exactly what I am advocating, at least sit in the balcony or the back and "quietly" slip out if a show or act isn't to ones liking.

But, if you choose to sit in the balcony. what if it turns out to be the best show yet. It's a 2 way street on seating!

I feel like I took the bait for the last two topics and I'm still embroiled in one of them. Now I am starting to think that big mean Snorkel2Much may have a point...

When you see my name, why not ignore the thread. This isn't about tipping and it is certainly a topic that might make one think about how others feel on a particular topic.

op you gotta chill out. If you want your opinion to be respected you have to respect theirs too. I have to agree on one point though, if i were going to leave i would do it between songs like Qluvs2cruz said way up there.

By commenting on what was said, I didn't realize it came across as not respecting others opinions or argumentative. I will just let the conversation flow since I've had my say.

Just as a point of clarification, I was not upset because someone got a better sit up front than I did. As I stated, my tendency is to get to the lounge early, during bingo and sit in the back, typically an aisle seat.

My suggestion about not leaving stemmed from the fact so many people left the show in the middle of a song/dance and it was disturbing. I could see people trying to peer around others, and because multiple people were leaving at a time, it was a bit noisy.

Just to be even more clear, I was NOT suggesting folks shouldn't leave if they weren't enjoying a show, just trying not to sit right up front where it's a distraction to others. I know it's your cruise and I only care because it is distracting to others, who have also paid for their cruise. It is simply a matter of consideration.

Entertainment was lousy on the Spirit Hawaii in December. Had we known in advance, we would not have booked. We don't sit right up front, preferring to be about 1/3 of the way back and on the aisle. However I do exercise my prerogative to walk out if the show stinks (El Gauchos being the prime example). I do it between numbers so as not to inconvience the also-bored folks who don't have the nerve to leave.

Now remember, this is just my opinion, but if a passengers makes the decision to come early, get prime real estate on the first couple of rows during a show, they should be committed to staying for the whole thing.

I think it is incredibly rude to leave midway during a performers act or during the show. I will be the first to admit, as I did in my review, that the shows were not very good, the worst I've ever seen on a cruise, but if you sit on the first few rows, it is disruptive to leave midway.

Some folks may be of the opinion that they don't want to waste 40 minutes of their paid for seven day vacation, but those individuals should consider sitting in the balcony or the back of the theatre so their departure isn't noted, or hampering another persons enjoyment. Again, this is just my view, but I found the number of people leaving from the front rude and notable. The performers use the aisles and they had to try and avoid passengers who were in their way!

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO picklebongo:Well, you yourself admitted that the shows were not very good.Allow me to quote you, "...the worst I've ever seen on a cruise..."

Now, you may think it is rude to leave a show midway through. However, if the shows are not very good then why stay through the show? I don't think it is rude to leave before the final curtain. In fact, on shows that I did not like I left. I am sure that the people that leave the show are telling the cruise line something about their enjoyment of the show by leaving before it ends.

It is noted that you, picklebongo, think it is rude to leave the show before the final curtain. However, most people don't care.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO picklebongo:Well, you yourself admitted that the shows were not very good.Allow me to quote you, "...the worst I've ever seen on a cruise..."

Now, you may think it is rude to leave a show midway through. However, if the shows are not very good then why stay through the show? I don't think it is rude to leave before the final curtain. In fact, on shows that I did not like I left. I am sure that the people that leave the show are telling the cruise line something about their enjoyment of the show by leaving before it ends.

It is noted that you, picklebongo, think it is rude to leave the show before the final curtain. However, most people don't care.

I totally agree with you, most folks don't care! This is one thread where the vast majority of folks agree, a breath of fresh air, concensus.

Archived