Ladies please help !!

sukyrin

I have a totally different problem!

I have no trouble limiting MY clothes and I am a champion mix and matcher;)

It's my husband that insists on multiple "outfits" and of course I pack them and then he brings home a half a suitcase of clean or unworn clothes!

Any suggestions for this dilemma?

OMG, it's like you're me!:D Everything you said about what you bring and don't bring is exactly the same. Except I don't do wash ever and I bring a bathing suit and cover up for each beach excursion we take (we don't ever use the ships pool or Jacuzzi). I never wear a swimsuit twice because as I said the only difference between us is that I don't do wash, otherwise we're twins!:D And my DH also brought gloves and a softball for the DS to work on pitching and never used them so we don't bring them anymore either!

I don't do the pools either, though will try to get in the serenity hot tub at least once. We do short cruises and tend to only have 1 beach day or I might bring 2 swimsuits too. I have to think about that for my April cruise with my mom. It's a 7 day and we'll be doing the beach at all 3 ports. I'm glad you posted this.

Funny you brought the gloves too. We've brought them to the beach (non-cruise) before too. They take up a lot of luggage space...well...more than I'd like to give up anyway. My other DD plays softball, but is not a pitcher, and I think we brought her glove too.

I have a totally different problem!

I have no trouble limiting MY clothes and I am a champion mix and matcher;)

It's my husband that insists on multiple "outfits" and of course I pack them and then he brings home a half a suitcase of clean or unworn clothes!

Any suggestions for this dilemma?

That's a tough one :). Maybe tell him to lay out each casual outfit in order of which he likes most to which he likes least and put the last 2 back in his dresser. Then do the same for his MDR outfits. My DH usually doesn't pack enough or leaves out something important.

I love having options and always bring extra.. no matter what vacation i go on! for our last 8 day i brought 6bottoms 3shorts2skirts and a pair of capri's. i mix match my bottoms threw the week.. i brought like 12 shirts and 5 sun dresses/formal night dresses. Plus 2 cover ups! maybe i over pack but i don't care.. i like to be able to change after dinner and not having to worry about wash!! have a great cruise you'll be hooked in no time :)

A lot of you said you bring a swimsuit and cover-up for port days. I am trying to decide if I need another set of dry clothes for wet port days. I'd rather not change until dinner time.

Is it ok to get in tour buses and taxi's with damp clothes on?

Everyone has mentioned a wrap/shawl or sweater....I have to bring something because I am always freezing when we're inside on any of the ships! My DH thinks I'm crazy all the time, glad to hear I'm not alone. I def have to bring enough bathing suits for every day, I don't like to wear them more then once but I do save certain ones for later in the cruise for all the yummy food we eat!

When we sailed in August, I had 7 pairs of shorts, 10 tops, 1 dress (sundress and I hate dresses, thought I would try something new), 2 bathing suits and 2 coverups, oh and 2 pairs of jean capris.

I only got into the pool one time on our 7 day voyage, we swam with dolphins and snorkeled on two of our excursions, I didn't need any additional pool time.

I wore my dress to dinner, twice, on non elegant nights (had the ship do our laundry for us 2 times) and capris the other 2 nights. My fam and I are not formal people, so on elegant nights we ate in the buffet.

Have fun! :)

Cruising in April for 5 days on the Elation.

How many change of clothes do you bring??

Is it safe to say, 5 day cruise I need 5 shorts, 5 shirts etc......

Please help, I am a first time cruiser :)

just off the elation....i am an overpacker...and true to my nature i was way yyyyy overpacked.

we were onboard for 5 days. i packed an outfit for daytime onboard, and then dinner clothes along with our formal clothes. I easily could have worn my clothes that i wore during the day to dinner (sun dress, skirt etc) that night.

i say if you can carry it, take it....i'd rather have too much than not enough....but that's just me.

Keep in mind...you will never see these people again. It really doesn't matter if you repeat and repeat and repeat your clothing.

For me it isn't about other people. I'm not one to care what other people wear because to each his/her own I say.:D I just personally don't like wearing the same clothes twice. I love clothes and have a DH who appreciates me dressing up so there ya go!:D

A lot of you said you bring a swimsuit and cover-up for port days. I am trying to decide if I need another set of dry clothes for wet port days. I'd rather not change until dinner time.

Is it ok to get in tour buses and taxi's with damp clothes on?

Sure, as long as you feel you'll be comfortable. For water excursions I always wear my swimsuit with a pr. of shorts (longer ones as the legs aren't what they used to be:eek:) or more often a pr of capri pants over them. I wear a top that I can also use as a cover-up by the beach or pool and bring a sarong to cover the swimsuit on the bottom. When I leave to go back to the ship, I just put the pants over my wet swimsuit and sit on my towel till I'm back on the ship where I'll change into dry clothes. If I'm not headed directly back to the ship, I don't care if my pants are wet because everyone in port knows you've probably been to the beach or pool and no one really cares. It's just a matter of personal comfort. :D

Everyone has mentioned a wrap/shawl or sweater....I have to bring something because I am always freezing when we're inside on any of the ships! My DH thinks I'm crazy all the time, glad to hear I'm not alone. I def have to bring enough bathing suits for every day, I don't like to wear them more then once but I do save certain ones for later in the cruise for all the yummy food we eat!

No, you are not the only one. It does get cool in the dining and show rooms and sometimes just walking around the ship. Of course my DH is like yours and is never cold. However, on our last cruise he did mention that it was kind of cool in the MDR. Uh Huh!:D

Bring enough that you will not upset anyone carrying your luggage. That is how my DW does it.

Ha! Ha! I agree! In our house we have a saying about luggage on trips, "You bring it, you pull it!" the same goes for carry on stuff, "You bring it, you carry it!" Although, I must admit because of my bad back the DH is pretty lenient with me and I try not to take advantage. The DS, I could be dragging behind with my stuff and he'll just keep moving on!:eek: Well, he is 16:D

That's a tough one :). Maybe tell him to lay out each casual outfit in order of which he likes most to which he likes least and put the last 2 back in his dresser. Then do the same for his MDR outfits. My DH usually doesn't pack enough or leaves out something important.

We travel a lot so the DH has his packing down. He always calls me when he's in the middle of packing and asks me if I like this shirt or that and these shorts or those. He packs less than I do of course, but he's a good packer.

Our upcoming cruise will be the first cruise that the DS packs for himself. I'll make a list for him of how much of everything to bring because if not he'll take one t-shirt, one pr. of shorts, one pr of swim trunks, well...you get the picture. Of course, I will have to double check to make sure he packed his TOOTHBRUSH. The one thing he won't forget...his baseball hat!!!!:eek: The kid can't go anywhere without that hat on backwards! He'd rather eat in the buffet than come to dinner without his hat!:D God bless him!:D He does clean up nice for elegant night though, because by then he will have met some girl and want to go to the Steakhouse. (That's what he spends his allowance on.) The DH jokes that we can't afford the Steakhouse! :D

Great idea! I am going to try that. Thanks

My wife said she changes 3 times a day.... a breakfast outfit, and a bikini / sun dress and a change for the evening. Seriously we ended up taking 5 pieces of luggage !!! i felt so bad for the porters haha

Archived