Making a offer for upgraded room

pbarefoot

I thought I read somewhere that once a cruise gets close to sailing that you can call and make an offer to upgrade your room. Example: I have an interior room booked. Can I call Carnival and see if they would take less money than what they are asking for a balcony room.

I tried this once and they told me no. The price that was showing was the price that it was...this was about a week out...maybe if you wait until the day before they may be willing to do this...I think they make the upgrade calls to the guests on the sailing though...

Upsell fairy calls you .. does no good to call them. I tried once.. and they just tried to sell me on a full price upgrade.

Only if they have already allocated some cheaper upsells would it help .. in which case you would see it posted on your roll call that upsell calls are going out.

Not trying to steal the show here, but could someone explain how this whole up-sell fairy phone call works? Granted I have only cruised with Carnival three times, but I have never been offered an upgrade? Thanks!:)

As above, they will contact you if they are upselling your cruise. So fare in all my cruises, I too have never been called. It luck of the draw and depends on how well your cruise is selling.

I have seen some for upgrades, best inside, or inside to OV, and at the lower levels people post they got a email instead of a call.

My husband and I received our first upsell email last week for our March 9th Miracle cruise. We received an email asking us to call Carnival at the specified phone number and extension within the email.

I called the number and reached the Carnival rep and he offered us an upgrade from our balcony to a suite for $390 per person. We passed on this offer. He told us they were contacting Platium guests first for the upsell. The odd thing is one of the benefits he offered with a suite is VIP boarding. Since we already have 10+ cruises with Carnival this was not a benefit for us.

Today I see all the suites are sold out.

I've called numerous times before and have never been offered any great deal. Once we asked for an upgrade at the port and were moved from an inside to an oceanview for 100. Once we received a call before and went from an inside room to a balcony for 100.00. Just depends on how full the ship is.

Archived