Pricing policy for Accessible cabins

RLM77

While browsing the Royal Carribean board, I came across this thread:

in which it is stated :

"The theory is that if I need an accessible stateroom, I have to pick from what categories are offered. Let's say there is a
balcony guarantee
available. If I need an accessible stateroom, I can't book this rate. But those that don't have that need can. Why should I not be offered the lower rate because of a disability? THAT is discrimination under US law.
And that is why if the OP calls Resolutions, they will fix this
....(post #60)

when i called royal to book liberty for feb 18th a balcony stateroom guarantee was listed. told them i needed a balcony HC cabin. only avail was an E2 which was priced higher. i got the E2 for the balcony guarantee price. I called royal to book navigatot for april8th. a guarantee balcony was listed. told them i needed a HC balcony and was able to select one from Cat E2 at the
balcony guarantee
price.

i do not think the HC cabins were held back from inventory. they were available at the lower guarantee price...(post #66)

This is news to me!! Does anyone have any experience with paying the guarantee price for an HC cabin?

Thanks

If the ship departs from the US, they MUST honor the C2 request discussed in that thread.

See 39.43 (b)

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?type=simple;c=ecfr;cc=ecfr;idno=49;region=DIV1;q1=39;rgn=div5;sid=3c7c3bcdcde59a6c9ef06fe264cff271;view=text;node=49%3A1.0.1.1.28#49:1.0.1.1.28.2.16.12

BTW - great resource document for ANY HC cruiser.

If the ship departs from the US, they MUST honor the C2 request discussed in that thread.

See 39.43 (b)

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?type=simple;c=ecfr;cc=ecfr;idno=49;region=DIV1;q1=39;rgn=div5;sid=3c7c3bcdcde59a6c9ef06fe264cff271;view=text;node=49%3A1.0.1.1.28#49:1.0.1.1.28.2.16.12

BTW - great resource document for ANY HC cruiser.

What about if you need a HC cabin for 3 (adult child, both parents) does this still follow? Are guarantees available for 3 in this case?

What about if you need a HC cabin for 3 (adult child, both parents) does this still follow? Are guarantees available for 3 in this case?

If the cabin is available in the "class", my interpretation is that it would apply. As others have noted, it depends on if that is available within that class.

Language seems pretty clear and straightforward for a govt regulation.

Are guarantees available for 3 in this case? g.gif

Interesting question. I guess if there was a guarantee rate out there and there was a HA available in that booking "class", they just might need to honor it.

Reg just says lowest rate in the class, and is silent on sub-classes (ie d-1, d-2, etc.).

Thanks for all the replies. Was curious as we are a party of 3 and always book a specific cabin. We have never tried the guarantee route as we need a HC cabin. Maybe this new rule will allow us to book guarantees in the future.

Thanks for all the replies. Was curious as we are a party of 3 and always book a specific cabin. We have never tried the guarantee route as we need a HC cabin. Maybe this new rule will allow us to book guarantees in the future.

Really don't think we'll ever see Accessible Cabins offered as a Guarantee booking. Gauranteed Bookings are a sales marketing tool that is all driven by supply and demand. Given that the supply of accessible cabins is very low and the demand is generally high, the cruiselines have no problem selling out on accessible cabins.

we booked a HC accessible on explorer and then they put out the guarantee rate. we called and argued with the rep that it was discrimination if it wasn't included since it was category k and they gave us the guarantee rate. Problem was that this was in nov 2011 . with the new rules the HC cabins are now thier own category so there would not be a guarantee in that category offered. You may have luck but i doubt it since it would be a different category

The problem is finding a ship that will allow three in an accessible cabin. Not many do, but if you should find one, they should have to allow the same pricing for the third.

If you don't mind paying for a suite, Carnival has the HC Ocean Suite that can easily take 3. It has a couch/bed and the room is huge (450 sq.ft.). We had one on Conquest and will be going on Magic in Nov. If you look on the deck maps you will notice a gray space next to the cabin. That is actually part of the cabin. The only problem is that I think there is only one on the ship.

Archived