Voyage personaliser and pre-voyage documentation

maina

First, as I posted previously on another thread, the Voyage Personaliser is still not working correctly. I've filled in our contact information repeatedly, only to get error messages, which I believe are generated by the phone number entries. At other times, I've been successful and get back a message that our information is now complete, yet when I go back in later to check, that information is gone again. Sometimes the system thinks we're British, as judged by the address fields and the presence of an insurance section. So, I fill in the insurance, and when I go back later the insurance section is gone altogether from my summary. My concern is that the Cunard documentation indicates that you have to have your personal information filled in in order for them to issue the e-tickets. Guess I'll have to call to get someone on Cunard's end to fill in the rest of the needed information for us.

Second, last night when I went to the Voyage Personaliser I noticed that the pre-voyage document (pdf) was now up, so I downloaded and printed it; it was very disappointing, as almost half was taken up with Cunard Care insurance details--and we have not taken it out, but opted for other travel insurance. There was really not much information beyond that, and no information that is not already on the Cunard site This morning, I received an e-mail saying the pre-voyage document was available; I checked it out, and there's now an almost totally different document available--insurance information is gone, and there's more details about Canyon Ranch Spa, shopping, etc. (We're doing Queen Mary 2 transatlantic eastbound May 29th.)

I think Cunard's IT department needs some work! :eek:

One important point worth noting on Cunard's U.S. web site is that there are at least two separate links that take you to the Voyage Personaliser. One of those links takes you to the U.S. version of the Voyage Personaliser and the other takes you to the UK version.

If you click the link for "Voyage Personaliser" near the bottom on the home page of www.cunard.com found beneath the "Already Booked" heading, you will be directed to this URL which is the UK Voyage Personaliser.

On the other hand, if you click on the "Already Booked" link, that will take you to a "Before You Sale" page. There you will find a link to "Visit Voyage Personaliser". If you click on this link, you will be directed to this URL which is the U.S. Voyage Personaliser.

Note the difference in the "brandCode" parameters on these URL's.

brandCode=CU brings up the UK Voyage Personaliser

brandCode=C2 brings up the U.S. Voyage Personaliser

brandocde=C3 brings up the German Voyage Personaliser

brandCode=C4 brings up the Australian Voyage Personaliser

The moral of this long geeky story is that those of us in the U.S. should take care when bringing up the Voyage Personaliser to make sure we are indeed using the U.S. version instead of the UK version.

Regards,

John.

John (AKA bluemarble)--

Thank you very much for clarifying the difference between the U.S., U.K., etc links. Now why can't Cunard fix the Voyage Personaliser links so it has something to the effect of, U.S. residents click here, UK click here, etc.?

The issue about not being able to fill in emergency contact information still remains, however.

Ann

Archived