NCL Gem - Kids Club and Group Babysitting?

MarLieb

Just booked on the Gem! Hoping you veteran cruisers can help me with some questions. My son will be 4 1/2 when we sail so I believe there is a 2-5 year old group that he will be placed with. Does anyone know the general ratio of counselor to children? Also, is the club fairly structured or is it more free play?

I read they also have group babysitting for a fee. Can anyone tell me the difference between the babysitting and the kids club? Thanks!

Just booked on the Gem! Hoping you veteran cruisers can help me with some questions. My son will be 4 1/2 when we sail so I believe there is a 2-5 year old group that he will be placed with. Does anyone know the general ratio of counselor to children? Also, is the club fairly structured or is it more free play?

I read they also have group babysitting for a fee. Can anyone tell me the difference between the babysitting and the kids club? Thanks!

You may want to check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581703&page=2

A poster put a link to copies of the 2-5 y/o daily activities from the Gem Cruise Feb 19. As you will see, lots of scheduled activities during the day. You may sign your child in and out for the activities or time frames you would like. My son is now 8 and has cruised NCL since he was just under 2. He absolutely loves the kids crew. When asked, it is his favorite part of the cruise, except for Blue Man Group on the Epic. When I pick him up, he is never ready to leave and sometimes has begged me to let him stay a little longer.

For Fee group sitting is from 10:30pm to 1:30 for $6hr.

Just an FYI. A lot of people are following the Gem youth program right now as they are the first ship to begin implementing the "new" youth program. It may change a little over the next several weeks or months, we are all waiting and asking as I think once they have it fine tuned, it will also be rolled out to all the NCL fleet. NCL had put out a press release a while back talking about new things and new age groups coming.

You may want to check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581703&page=2

A poster put a link to copies of the 2-5 y/o daily activities from the Gem Cruise Feb 19. As you will see, lots of scheduled activities during the day. You may sign your child in and out for the activities or time frames you would like. My son is now 8 and has cruised NCL since he was just under 2. He absolutely loves the kids crew. When asked, it is his favorite part of the cruise, except for Blue Man Group on the Epic. When I pick him up, he is never ready to leave and sometimes has begged me to let him stay a little longer.

For Fee group sitting is from 10:30pm to 1:30 for $6hr.

Just an FYI. A lot of people are following the Gem youth program right now as they are the first ship to begin implementing the "new" youth program. It may change a little over the next several weeks or months, we are all waiting and asking as I think once they have it fine tuned, it will also be rolled out to all the NCL fleet. NCL had put out a press release a while back talking about new things and new age groups coming.

Thank you so much for the info! I have subscribed to the thread. I didn't realize group babysitting was so late at night. Don't think we will try that. Hopefully my son will want to go to Kids Club - I could use and hour or two to myself! Thanks again.

Archived