Allure questions

I like to vacation by not scheduling anything and seeing what I feel like doing without a lot of pre-planning. Based on this, will I be able to book excursions on the ship?

Also, I want to go to the beach on St John when we dock at St Thomas. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks for any information.

If you aren't picky, you can either go to the explorations! desk ( kiosk in the middle of the promenade) and let them suggest something fun for the next day in port out of what they still have open (there will be plenty!). No advance planning needed.

If you want to go to St John on your own, some advance planning is needed. You'll need to learn where to find the St John Ferry, and what time you need to take it back. Then you'll need to research which beach you want to visit and make sure you have a place to get a cab back to the port in St John to catch the ferry at the right time in St Thomas. You can learn all those things by reading about St Thomas and St John on the port boards.

I like to vacation by not scheduling anything and seeing what I feel like doing without a lot of pre-planning. Based on this, will I be able to book excursions on the ship?

Also, I want to go to the beach on St John when we dock at St Thomas. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks for any information.

Regarding St. John, there is usually a ship excursion called something like "St. John On Your Own". Many people book this excursion simply for the transportation to St. John. The advantages over doing it yourself are that you are picked up right at the ship (no need to take a taxi to the ferry), and being a ship sponsored excursion, you are covered if something goes wrong with your transportation and you are late back to the ship.

Edited to fix excursion name. The excursion for an upcoming Adventure cruise is $34 per person. I don't know if this is the same for Allure because Allure docks in a different place than Adventure.

Archived