16 month old - Any Kids Club Options besides Disney?

aaklang

My daughter will be 16-18 months old when we cruise. Are there any cruise lines other than Disney that offer a Kids Club option (free or for a fee) during the day that would be available? We just want to be able to put her in occasionally, but are hoping there are options out there for us. Thanks!

Yes...Oasis and Allure have "under 2" child care.....they are the only ships that do....(I lie..maybe one of the Freedom class ships have it, too!)...

Carnival has a 2 yr. and up policy for their kid's club.

In addition to Royal Caribbean and Disney, I have read on the boards that Cunard does a really nice job with very young children, but not sure if that line would work for you (given where they cruise). I think I also might have read that P&O might have good children's options, but again, they sail mainly in Europe so not sure if that would fit for you. Good luck! That's a bit of a tough age for cruising, but if you can do it, go and have fun :)

Actually, NCL is currently rolling out a new Kids Crew that expands their programming to include the 6 mos - 23 mos kiddos. (Previously started at 2 years.) There are a bunch of other changes/enhancements too, but that is the one that is relevant to your question.

The initial "soft launch" was on the Gem starting Feb 19, with it going fleetwide before the end of the year. There are a number of threads trying to pin down the specifics, but it seems to still be in development/evolving/tweaking. The Gem program so far has NOT had drop off for the younger ones, but it has only been two sailings and the impression was that it was a gradual launch. Other CC members have gotten official answers from NCL via phone, email, and I believe facebook that there WILL be drop off for 6 mos - 23 mos olds once the program is fully implemented, but it is not yet clear whether it will be free or $/hour and when each ship will get it.

There are a few different threads I am following here and on the NCL board about this. I expect it will all be sorted out and MUCH clearer in the next month or so, but it is not exactly a model of clear communication thus far. I love NCL for so many reasons, but the drip-drip-drip of definite info is not one of them.

Watch out you meet the age limit for drops off's on Cunard. I booked yesterday under the impression they took babies unsupervised from 1 year old and apparently they are changing it. From April this year the minimum age for drop off's will increase to 2 years old. Based on this I had to cancel and am gutted, it would of been our 1st cruise with our 1 year old and we were really looking forward to some adult and family time. Now looking at Royal Carribean ships with Royal Babies and Tots Nursery!!

Archived