Straw Hat

I admit, I have been on a pre-cruise spending spree (4 new pairs of shoes, new dress, new bathing suits... Tax refund, what tax refund?), so when I saw a straw hat in the bargain spot at Target, I bought it without a second thought.

But now I realize that it doesn't have one of those pretty ribbon bands around it. I am thinking of dressing it up with some ribbon and my glue gun, or even using some flowered hair clips.

Do people still wear straw hats on cruises/excursions? It was a totally impulsive buy, and now I feel silly.

I admit, I have been on a pre-cruise spending spree (4 new pairs of shoes, new dress, new bathing suits... Tax refund, what tax refund?), so when I saw a straw hat in the bargain spot at Target, I bought it without a second thought.

Do people still wear straw hats on cruises/excursions? It was a totally impulsive buy, and now I feel silly.

Only 4 pairs of new shoes, amateur! let's hang girl..I think I have met a soul sister. :):):):)

But truly, I do have two or three hats that I use for our cruises. I don't bake in the sun so I love my hats!

Work it with your new shoes!

Hugs!

Donna

Only 4 pairs of new shoes, amateur! let's hang girl..I think I have met a soul sister. :):):):)

But truly, I do have two or three hats that I use for our cruises. I don't bake in the sun so I love my hats!

Work it with your new shoes!

Hugs!

Donna

Make that 5 pairs of new shoes... and one pair of athletic/water shoes waiting to be purchased my next paycheck!

I wish I could find a hat that looks good on me. I don't know what it is but they all look so stupid on me - no matter what the style.

So if you have one that you like, go for it! And a black band would be great. It would go with everything.

For the record, I have bought 5 tops, a pair of capris, 2 bathing suits, a cover up and well I have 9 days to go.......so might not quite be done yet!

I have a folding sraw hat with a chin strap that has gone on several cruises so far.

Just make sure, if you wear the hat outside on a sea day, secure the chin strap or fasten somehow to your head so it doesn't end up in the ocean :p It can be really windy at sea.

I think you should rock that straw hat!

And it sounds like I might need to make a trip to Target...

Not to get off the hat subject here, but on the same double page spread they have all kinds of cute "cruise-worthy" casual clothes in bright colors (that match the bands on the hats! :D) Shorts, tanks, little 3/4 sleeve zip up hoodies, 3/4 sleeve casual tees - all would be just perfect for a Caribbean cruise!

Not to get off the hat subject here, but on the same double page spread they have all kinds of cute "cruise-worthy" casual clothes in bright colors (that match the bands on the hats! :D) Shorts, tanks, little 3/4 sleeve zip up hoodies, 3/4 sleeve casual tees - all would be just perfect for a Caribbean cruise!

Thanks for that hot tip! I've been so good up until this point not buying a lot of new clothes, but with just 9 days until we set sail, the itch to buy some fun new clothes is pretty bad. ;)

I take several ribbons to switch out on my plain straw hat: black grosgrain, white lace, red white and blue stripes. In this picture, I tied a floral scarf around my hat. I wish you could see the back, it made a nice fluffy bow. I would love to see pictures of your hats, too!

hat.jpg.18d22736c5c83fde8c2818403976f95a.jpg

Archived