Is this Normal?

Michelle19

Making reservations at popular times in the free dining room is not in the best interest of the bottom line.

Cant get an earily time... well sir, you might consider booking one of our fine other restauraunts,f0r just a few dollars more !!!

I think its a totaly well crafted plan to steer people into the pay places.

Seeing all the little extra charges they presently have it seems like a natural to want to squeeze as many out of the dining room.

Computor glitch? Ya' right

I called the captains club number three weeks before our last cruise. I was the only elite and we had four different cabins and were stuck in late seating. Was able to change us all to early seating without issue. The lady was very nice. I would just wait until closer and see what the waiting list does for now.

Hi, just a quick question. Our family of 4 is going to Europe in September 2012 on the Solstice. Is it normal this far out for Celebrity to be totally booked for the Early seating AND the Select seating? My TA said there was nothing she could do. My parents are never going to be able to stay awake long enough to eat at 8:45PM every evening for 2 weeks. We are on the wait list TA said, but that is how it goes she says.. 7 months away? Is there a chance we will get the early seating? Does it magically become available before departure?

No it is not normal, but there many options. If you have a medical condition that requires eating early (i do), get a Dr's note and they will accommodate you. If this doesn't fly, talk to the Maitre D', I'm sure they will work something out. The Buffet topside at night has many options, you could give up your table in the MDR and decline your tips and then give them to the waiters topside, or you can get MDR meals in your cabin during MDR hours, the list is a wee bit longer, but once aboard, work it out with the Staff. ~ Ric

Thank You Thank You! We did book The Tuscan Grille 1 night and the other one 1 night.. I dont know whats going to happen but I appreciate hearing we are not the only ones this has happened to. Funny.. This will be our 5 cruise and we have Always Always eating whenever we wanted in the specified dining room on Princess. (It does not fill up, you may have to wait a few minutes oh and you do not need a reservation so that is why this "timed' eating is all New to me.. )

Archived