going to bars & not drinking

4spring

Sorry still think you are wrong. We go to the show and do not order a drink. Do we leave so a drinker can have our seats?

No need to be sorry ;)

As far as leaving so a drinker can have your seats.Im sure you have seen the piano bar and also have seen the theater that holds thousands .Very different

I know this has been posted because I haven't read all the responses but my take is,,your fare covers your food, your cabin , your entertainment, your ride. Piano bar is entertainment,,you paid for it,,you go where you want (just don't save a seat with a towel or an orange!:D)

I know this has been posted because I haven't read all the responses but my take is,,your fare covers your food, your cabin , your entertainment, your ride. Piano bar is entertainment,,you paid for it,,you go where you want (just don't save a seat with a towel or an orange!:D)

thats next I go into the piano bar and books and flip flops cover all the chairs;)

I have never had a drink at the piano bar. Similarly, I've never had a drink at the piano bar in town. I enjoy listening to the music, singing along, and having a night out with friends. For me, drinking is not part of that equation. (I've also gone to regular bars with no entertainment provided, and no cover, and had only water, as I was with friends who were drinking. Socializing is the reason to go out.)

There are occasionally comedy shows with a 2 drink minimum. For those, I will either ask if I can have soda (often), or I do not attend. Carnival has not instituted a minimum drink to enjoy their shows or bars. For me- the piano bar is entertainment. I don't sit at the wine bar, as the only function there is drinking.

For those who think only drinkers can have the chairs- do you ensure they buy the drink at the piano bar? What if they mixed it in their room with Bon Voyage or smuggled liquor? Surely, they shouldn't have the seat either...

Its really not hard to understand and by the way I do understand the different opinions including yours:)

Drinkers should have more rights than non drinkers in a BAR.The piano bar is not open to be a free lounge for listening to music.Its open to sell beverages PERIOD.Like I said before they do not pay for staff to work at a bar for fun .They want revenue,thats the only reason the bar is open.Whats so hard for people to understand

So are you saying that recovering alcoholics should not go to the piano bar to enjoy the music? They have no right to be there?

Ignorant!

So are you saying that recovering alcoholics should not go to the piano bar to enjoy the music? They have no right to be there?

Ignorant!

How is this ignorant ? Do they go to the local bar and drink water.

By the way i am not ignorant I do know what ignorance means

I am of the opinion that since A: Carnival doesnt care if we order a drink or not...and B: I paid what amounts to a sizeable cover charge when I purchased my cruise tickets...and lastly C: It doesnt appear to create conflict, except with what seems a minority on these boards...then its perfectly fine to sit in a piano bar drink free and just enjoy the music. I figure if Carnival really cared one iota about this, they would enforce some kind of a 'drink or leave' rule. This isnt the case. Personally, I almost always will have a drink...sometimes alcohol, sometimes not...but there have been times my wife will prefer not to. This has never once made me feel as if we are taking a 'drinkers' seat. Also, where would you draw the line on how many drinks would be 'justified' to keep my chair? One each? Two? More? Maybe I'm a barchairhog because I'm in a seat only ordering one drink, while a REAL drinker is standing who might order 8 or 10 drinks? There seems to be a lot of things more important to be concerned with on a cruise than if I am maybe upsetting someone by doing something thats fully within the Carnival rules. Just my opinion.:)

I am of the opinion that since A: Carnival doesnt care if we order a drink or not...and B: I paid what amounts to a sizeable cover charge when I purchased my cruise tickets...and lastly C: It doesnt appear to create conflict, except with what seems a minority on these boards...then its perfectly fine to sit in a piano bar drink free and just enjoy the music. I figure if Carnival really cared one iota about this, they would enforce some kind of a 'drink or leave' rule. This isnt the case. Personally, I almost always will have a drink...sometimes alcohol, sometimes not...but there have been times my wife will prefer not to. This has never once made me feel as if we are taking a 'drinkers' seat. Also, where would you draw the line on how many drinks would be 'justified' to keep my chair? One each? Two? More? Maybe I'm a barchairhog because I'm in a seat only ordering one drink, while a REAL drinker is standing who might order 8 or 10 drinks? There seems to be a lot of things more important to be concerned with on a cruise than if I am maybe upsetting someone by doing something thats fully within the Carnival rules. Just my opinion.:)

So Carnival does not care about you buying a beverage ? So why is the bar open fully staffed.Again I would assume the staff doesnt work for free

They may if there was a band playing at the local bar they wanted to see. If they pay the cover charge in the bar, then that is the same as paying the cruise fare for the entertainment on board. See?

Your comment that drinkers should have more rights than non drinkers is an ignorant statement.

I am not a recovering alcoholic. But I do not drink.

In my bar going days, I frequently went to bars and drank water. Often the bars would provide me FREE soda, since I never went anywhere with a cover charge, in essence, they were paying me to be there. The people I was with were drinking.

I would say it is rare at the Carnival bars to see an entire group of people sitting when no one is drinking.

They may if there was a band playing at the local bar they wanted to see. If they pay the cover charge in the bar, then that is the same as paying the cruise fare for the entertainment on board. See?

Your comment that drinkers should have more rights than non drinkers is an ignorant statement.

why would non drinkers have more rights in a Bar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

mikel24m

I'm sorry if you thought I was calling you ignorant, I was not.

However, I feel your comment was.

You certainly have a right to your opinion.

I am not a recovering alcoholic. But I do not drink.

In my bar going days, I frequently went to bars and drank water. Often the bars would provide me FREE soda, since I never went anywhere with a cover charge, in essence, they were paying me to be there. The people I was with were drinking.

I would say it is rare at the Carnival bars to see an entire group of people sitting when no one is drinking.

how many posters would have been sitting in the piano bar if they had to pay a $10 cover

NONE

You stated I said an ingorant statement :)

So Carnival does not care about you buying a beverage ? So why is the bar open fully staffed.Again I would assume the staff doesnt work for free

You have the right to your opinion...I have mine. I dont think either opinion makes much difference...its what Carnival thinks that matters. If they want me to purchase a drink in order to take a chair...then, since THEY ultimately make the rules...they will make a rule change. Untill that time, opinions can fly all over these boards about this subject, and they will ...but they will remain only opinions....fun to banter about with...fun to read..but ultimatley not anything more.:)

why would non drinkers have more rights in a Bar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Your missing the point. Drinkers OR non drinkers have no more rights than the other.

It is just someone wanting to listen to the entertainment in the piano bar, provided by the cruise line for everyone to enjoy without having to buy an alcoholic drink.

Your missing the point. Drinkers OR non drinkers have no more rights than the other.

It is just someone wanting to listen to the entertainment in the piano bar, provided by the cruise line for everyone to enjoy without having to buy an alcoholic drink.

One day this will change along with being able to remove tips

And I never said someone had to buy an alcoholic drink .Just a drink ,soda, frozen virgin Pina Colada,bottle of water.Just saying

So Carnival does not care about you buying a beverage ? So why is the bar open fully staffed.Again I would assume the staff doesn't work for free

In case you want a drink. They staff delivery for room service too, but i may not order it. It is nice to have it available though if I want it.

how many posters would have been sitting in the piano bar if they had to pay a $10 cover

NONE

Does Carnival charge a $10 cover? If not, how is that relevant to a discussion about the piano bar on a Carnival cruise?

One day this will change along with being able to remove tips

And I never said someone had to buy an alcoholic drink .Just a drink ,soda, frozen virgin Pina Colada,bottle of water.Just saying

The OP said they ordered drinks, finished and wondered if it was OK if they stayed to enjoy the music.

You chimed in saying it was not OK. Or maybe you misunderstood the original post when you replied. Either way, your argument is weak.

In my opinion of course.

In case you want a drink. They staff delivery for room service too, but i may not order it. It is nice to have it available though if I want it.

Does Carnival charge a $10 cover? If not, how is that relevant to a discussion about the piano bar on a Carnival cruise?

Please explain the above comment I cant understand it

Archived