Ships Captains

Shogun

Interesting... So is Captain Yeoman...

Yes, Capt. McCharming (a/k/a Tony Yeomans) is short in stature, but tall in the eyes of his passengers. Just a nice guy overall. :D And, hopefully no changes for New Years, since we fully expect him to be our captain for that cruise.

Yes, Capt. McCharming (a/k/a Tony Yeomans) is short in stature, but tall in the eyes of his passengers. Just a nice guy overall. :D And, hopefully no changes for New Years, since we fully expect him to be our captain for that cruise.

Agree with that. Captain Yeomans did our renewal of vows ceremony in march. Extremely personable, not rushed at all -mentioned he just got new reading glasses from Costco so he could read our vows. :-).

Altered our course slightly on the last sea day so passengers could get a better look at the sailing ship Amsterdam - beautiful ship...

Hi All

A story about Tony for you, one formal night while in the atrium which was packed, waiting on the Captains speach, Tony spotted to me and came over and started chatting, he is not a big bloke and was wearing a white diner jacket, now he was being pushed about a bit as folks tried to get a better view, the lady next to be was quite large and while not rude was not polite to him as he tried to get over to chat, he then went to go and do his speach, as soon as he started the lady next to me spotted that he was the person she had been pushing and complaing about, to say she went a bit red would be an understand.

Tony is to polite and very much the gentleman to say anything to a passenger.

yours Shogun

Hi All

A story about Tony for you, one formal night while in the atrium which was packed, waiting on the Captains speach, Tony spotted to me and came over and started chatting, he is not a big bloke and was wearing a white diner jacket, now he was being pushed about a bit as folks tried to get a better view, the lady next to be was quite large and while not rude was not polite to him as he tried to get over to chat, he then went to go and do his speach, as soon as he started the lady next to me spotted that he was the person she had been pushing and complaing about, to say she went a bit red would be an understand.

Tony is to polite and very much the gentleman to say anything to a passenger.

yours Shogun

He is a true gentleman and a super nice guy....

Hi All

Up dated List

please just cut and paste list as the Captains move around from ship to ship.

The Princess Fleet

Caribbean Captain Mariano Manfuso / Capt Marco Forteze?/Captain Craig Street

Coral Captain Nicolo Binetti

Crown Captain Andy Proctor / Capt Nick Nash

Dawn Captain Philip Pickford

Diamond Captain Dino Sagani/ Capt Bob Oliver

Emerald Captain Giorgio Pomata Giuseppe Romano

Golden Captain David Calabrese / Captain Vincenzo Lubrano.

Grand Captain Roger Bilton/ Capt Tony Herriott

Island Captain Nicolo Bommarco / Capt Fabio Amitrano

Royal Captain Tony draper Capt Dino Sagani

Ruby Captain Tony Yeoman

Sapphire Captain Nick Carlton/ Capt Ivan Jarman

Sea Captain Martin Stenzel/Captain Craig Street

Star Captain Ed Perrin /Capt Todd McBain/

Sun Captain Andrew Froude / Capt Graham Goodway

Pacific Captain Carlo Servillo Capt Justin Lawes Jan

Ocean / Capt Stefano Ravera

The email I received in ref to sailing Jan 26,2013 on the Caribbean Princess shows a CAPT William Kent

Originally Posted by CruiseKing viewpost.gif

Hi All

Up dated List

please just cut and paste list as the Captains move around from ship to ship.

The Princess Fleet

Caribbean Captain Mariano Manfuso / Capt Marco Forteze?/Captain Craig Street

Coral Captain Nicolo Binetti

Crown Captain Andy Proctor / Capt Nick Nash

Dawn Captain Philip Pickford

Diamond Captain Dino Sagani/ Capt Bob Oliver

Emerald Captain Giorgio Pomata Giuseppe Romano

Golden Captain David Calabrese / Captain Vincenzo Lubrano.

Grand Captain Roger Bilton/ Capt Tony Herriott

Island Captain Nicolo Bommarco / Capt Fabio Amitrano

Royal Captain Tony draper Capt Dino Sagani

Ruby Captain Tony Yeoman/John Foster

Sapphire Captain Nick Carlton/ Capt Ivan Jarman

Sea Captain Martin Stenzel/Captain Craig Street

Star Captain Ed Perrin /Capt Todd McBain/

Sun Captain Andrew Froude / Capt Graham Goodway

Pacific Captain Carlo Servillo Capt Justin Lawes Jan

Ocean / Capt Stefano Ravera

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Captain John Foster has been with Princess for a number of years was a staff captain on the Grand he is relief Captain for the Regal

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I think you will find that Captain Stefano Ravera is now with P&O Australia on the Pacific Dawn and that Captain Carlo Servillo is on the Ocean Princess. He was our Captain when we were on the Ocean in June though he was leaving the ship in Dover for his leave so I am not sure who was taking over from him.

Jennie

There are at least 4 female masters on cruise ships.

Capt. Sarah Breton from UK joined P&O Austalias Pacific Pearl in mid 2011.

She was welcomed by Carnival Australias CEO Ann Sherry & joined four other female heads of departments onboard.

Sarah joined P&O UK as 3rd officer in 1989 & has worked her way up to master on P&O & Princess

Captain Sarah Breton is now on the P&O UK Arcadia.

Who is the captain on the Royal on the Scandinavia & Russia cruise, 12 May 2014?

it's hard to say that far out as they do switch around because of holiday, etc. I've been on cruises where they've switched Captains in the middle of the cruise. You will get an email at some point from a Captain but that still might not be the Captain for your cruise.

• 2 years later...
I hope that all the captains are equally knowledgeable and it would make no difference who you get. Yes, some are friendlier, better speakers, etc. We just don't want to get the one that abandons ship during an emergency.

The captain DOES make a difference. We recently sailed on the Caribbean Princess 10 days. We are usually invited to the Most Traveled dinner with the Captain and staff. I guess the Captain decided it did not fit his wishes so they had a "Cocktail Party" Where the staff could mingle. One drink, no entertainment, Poor way to meet and mingle with tables for 4 filled with attendees. I talked to the captains circle manager and he told me it was the captain's request. I guess he thinks he is too good to spend time with the customer.