Maitre'd named ALI

travlDR

Does anyone know, or remember ALI? He was an asst, eventually became a head/Restaurant Manager. He was our waiter MANY years ago on the Dolphin Seabreeze, then became and asst Maitre'd there. We sailed with him 3 or 4 times on the Seabreeze, and we had groups with us, and we got to know him fairly well over the years. Quite a few years later, we ran into him on Celebrity as an asst Maitre'd, and he remembered us like it was yesterday. More years pass by, and we board, I think, the Mercury. We are having the regulare first day lunch in the buffet restaurant- and I am walking back to our table, plate in hand, and I hear (from behind me) MR STEVE! He had seen me- from the back- and not only remembered me, but called me by name. TOOOO awesome. He proceeded to treatus like royalty in the dining room all week, came by to talk everynight.. The waiters were like-- wow they must me important! LOL Last time we cruised Celebrity, we talked to the Head Maitre'd, HAKAN- also from Turkey. He knew Ali well and said he had recently quit to got to work for some other type of food service industry in Miami.

If anyone by chance knows anything about ALI from Turkey- could you let me know?

THANKS A LOT! Steve

Archived